1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Football Question: Punting

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Dec 30, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Which do you prefer: punting as far as possible and relying on the coverage team or punting consistently 40-45 yards with good hang time to prevent a return from being much of a possibility?

2. Which do you prefer: when attempting to pin the opposition inside the 20 yard line and as close to the goal line as possible do you prefer punting it high and straight and relying on the coverage team to prevent the ball from bouncing into the end zone or punting toward the left sideline(for a right footed punt so in case it slips off the punter's foot it won't go prematurely out of bounds if kicking toward the right sideline) and attempt to have it go out of bounds inside the 20?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Depends on whether you are kicking to Devin Hester or not :)

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll take the distance on the first, and the sideline on the second.

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

The Dolphins of the 80's had a punter, Reggie Roby, that could punt the ball a booming 60+ yards and often over kicked the coverage. The receiving teams on average returned his punts 20+ yards. I remember the Superbowl where they played the 49ers and lost. Don Shula criticized his performance during that game as Roby did indeed over kick the coverage and as a result Joe Montana's team almost always had great field position.
    So if you have a punter that can consistently kick it 40+ yards with hang time allowing your team to cover it will be the way to go.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I'd prefer my team not to need to punt at all!

Ed

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I would like to see is if a punt goes into the end zone, it would only be brought out to the 5 yard line. Anotherwards, I want to see a punter punt!:thumbs:

Salty

Los Angles Rams fan

7. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Hey Ed, I think that I've actually found a subject that I can be in agreement with you. :wavey: Can I add you to my buddy list now?:laugh: