1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

footwashing baptist

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cobbguy1953, Jun 2, 2008.

1. cobbguy1953

cobbguy1953 New Member

I just joined this group and have already been blessed reading some of the postings. I am 55 year old believer in Cobb County GA. Married and blessed with 5 children (all saved) and 2 young grandkids. I was saved when I was 14 and have been walking with the Lord now for 40 years (although many the times I have stumbled). I am fundamentalist and attend small independent church that practices footwashing and where shouting is often heard (we used to call it getting happy when I was a youngster). I'd be interested in hearing from others who participate in similar spirit-filled worship as it seems to be dying away these days. Do any of you go to footwashing baptist churches in the Atlanta/North Georgia area? I do love visiting other churches as time allows, especially for footwashing services.
    In Christ,
    Barry

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Barry. Welcome to the Baptist Board. I am also a believer in washing the saints' feet, and though I live over in Texas, I have visited some feet washing in the general Atlanta area. I've visited four different churches in the Pleasant Valley Association http://pvbaptistassoc.blogspot.com/ north of Atlanta, one in the Pleasant Grove Association east of Atlanta, and an independent church near Villa Rica (have quit washing feet I think). I think this is about all I've visited, though I might have forgotten some. I am also acquainted with a missionary from down at Eatonton who said his church washes feet.

I'm also about to print a book about the history of washing the saints' feet among missionary Baptists http://baptistsearch.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-book-available-in-july-dv.html.

Hope the Board proves to be a blessing to you.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hello Barry,

A great BIG welcome to the BB from the great state of Illinois!

Come on down to the COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE in "All Other Discussions", where as Christians, we are all on common ground...

It is a great place to kick back, relax, and get to know each other. And we have FREE food and beverages!

Blessings,
    §ue :)

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Barry. Welcome to the BB.
    Glad you're blessed.
    It can be intense at times, though.

I'm a foot-washing Primitive Baptist living in the Buffalo area where there are no saints' feet to wash.......yet.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Barry you will find that all of the Old Regular Baptist are feet washing people. We mostly are located in the Applachian area, but we have churches from Michigan to Fla.

We do have a small church in Greensboro, GA. I suspect the membership is small. It is a new started church by some of the Brethren down there. I do not know if they will do any good or not. It is located at 3190 Penfield Road, Greensboro, GA 30642.

The moderator is Elder Charles Jarrell 1-352-629-4261 if you live very close or are interested. We practice "closed" communion though, but still you might enjoy meeting them.

God Bless,

BBob,

6. cobbguy1953

cobbguy1953 New Member

Thank you, Brother Bob. I had heard of Old Regular Baptists but didn't know much about them. Glad to hear they are "feet washing people". I appreciate you taking time to reply. Just a good word from a brother in Christ is always a blessing to me.
    Barry

7. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Welcome, neighbor. There is a very special blessing in a foot washing service, if one is able to humble themselves and wash their Brother's feet.

8. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Welcome from the Great Pacific Northwest.:wavey:

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Welcome Cobb. While I find footwashing a curious ritual, to each his own. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

10. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board!

11. Brother harris

Brother harris New Member

Hi brother, I just joined this site also. I was the pastor of a foot washing baptist church for a couple of years in rome, GA. There are some foot washing churches around cobb that still have old fashion spirit filled meeting. I preached at one off of chaistain rd called Fellowship baptist church. What is the name of your church?

12. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I've been a member of many Baptist churches in Michigan, Oregon, California, Virginia, and even England during my 45 years as a Christian, and not one of them did foot washing.

13. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

I am a member of the Primitive Baptist and all the churches around our area do closed communion and feet washing.

14. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Hi and welcome from the UK :wavey: