1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For Anyone Who Is Interested...

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by IFBChristian, May 8, 2006.

1. IFBChristian

IFBChristian New Member

I was just wondering... have any of you been to a Sword of the Lord Conference (doesn't have to be the National one) and if you have, what did you think about it?

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

As I posted earlier, I went to the National conference in 1997, I think it was. Thouroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately our 'groups' don't run in the same circles any more, so I felt a bit out of place. But if I could go again, I would.

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I have, at Lancaster, CA in late 2000, maybe early 2001. It was actually a Ladies Conference.

I enjoyed it. The thing that I remember the most was one of the lady speakers saying that "God didn't care so much about what clump of grass you nibbled at, but whether you were in the right field." She explained this as God not being worried so much about who your spouse is, or where you live, or what your job is...Im not sure what she would have said God WAS interested in.....Im still not sure if I agree with her statement or not. She might not have meant it as I took it.

But overall I remember the conference as being a good experience.

4. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible says that women should not preach, but it is quite safe for women to teach - and it is very safe for CHRISTIANS to seek the truth...which you are not offering here.

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, let's keep the focus of this thread on the Sword Conference.

6. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I'd like to be there!

Do they web-cast any of the conferences?

7. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

They broadcast the conference on WPIP based out of Winston-Salem, NC. If you go to the Sword website or to the WPIP website during the conference then you will be able to hear the preaching and singing.

8. IFBChristian

IFBChristian New Member

Thank you Brother Squire