1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured For Clarification...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by CJC, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, the born again to eternal life in Jesus shows that we were one of the elect!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

In your initial post, you admit that you know nothing about a very serious and foundational subject, and then you take the first person's (in an online forum) response as if it were the word of God. Now, be clear, I'm not saying that your question is a bad one, but I would challenge the way in which you are going about this.

May I suggest that you, "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth." (2 Tim. 2:15)

In reading a few of your replies, I've seen that you put the final say in the hands of your reason and intellect. You reason that if something doesn't make sense to you then it can't be true. May I say that the gospel makes no sense (if I use your method of determining truth). God becoming a man and being killed on a cross doesn't make much sense, does it? However, when we understand some other things, such as sin and death, covenant and curse, redemption and promise, things begin to make sense to us.

You shouldn't look at the subject of soteriology and make a rash decision regarding it. Study the subject. Read some books on this subject. Read some dead guys, and of course, read the Bible and pray for God to show you how what seems foolish to the human mind is the purest gold.

• Like Like x 1