1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For McCain Voters: Do you have a problem with voting for a woman VP?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 29, 2008.

?
  1. I will vote, or likely vote, for McCain and I have no problem with women leaders in government.

25 vote(s)
    86.2%
  2. I will vote, or likely vote, for McCain and I do not approve of women leaders in government.

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we discuss Condi Rice as a potential candidate a couple of years ago some Christians did not support the idea of women being in leadership positions in government. How do potential McCain voters feel about voting for Sarah Palin for VP, especially considering Senator McCain's age?

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None whatsoever. I am excited about Palin.

3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

No problems here. One of my favorite politicians was M. Thatcher. I am a little concerned about Palin's inexperience and how that will play out. I am glad that she is pro-life and seems to be conservative generally.

I have to say, Obama's no longer the pretty face in the race now that we have Palin!

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, that's a great qualification for being VP and potentially the president - being pretty and winning a beauty pageant. Yeah, that's a great reason to vote for someone. :laugh:

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least she doesn't have a messiah complex.

6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I dont care if they are male or female, black or white, chinese or Jewish as long as they are conservative! Palin is ardently pro-life and her last child was born with down syndrome which she knew before the baby was born. What would Obama have done?

7. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Never said it was. I should have put a smiley by my comment, because it was meant to be taken lightly.

But the sad truth is - many people do vote based on appearances.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know. That is why I laughed. :)

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not this woman, so far I am very impressed. She really takes you in when she speaks. obama has a tough road ahead of him... Biden doesn't look like his best pick now.

10. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

Ah, you know there are quite a few young, single and even married men folk who really don’t follow politics who will look at Palin and vote for McCain. She is quite easy on the eyes.

For me, this is one election that I’m fairly disgusted with the choices I have. I’m leaning more towards Bob Barr at the moment.

In XC
    -

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...yet that's the very reason the Dem's are voting for Obama, because it sure ain't experience or the issues!

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it makes Senator Biden look even better. This highlights the poor judgment that Senator McCain has and why he should never be president of the United States.

13. North Carolina Tentmaker

No problem at all. I love women, I married a women. Of course so did Bill Clinton.

Seriously, I know we don't know everything about her yet but what I have read looks great. A little inexperienced (compared to Biden perhaps, Palin still has more experience than Obama). She has a great variety of experience in her life.

If the race were between her and McCain I would vote for her.:laugh:

14. North Carolina Tentmaker

Would you like to elaborate on this? Why do you think this pick was poor judgment?

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really.

16. North Carolina Tentmaker

She has been a governor, she has been a mayor, and was very successful running both a city and a state. What has Obama run? She has shown she can cut spending and attack corruption, even when it is in her own party.

She is opposed to same-sex marriage, but implemented same-sex benefits for state employees. In fact she vetoed a bill that would have blocked benefits for gay couples. She is pro life, pro death penalty, supports teaching creationism along with evolution. She has experience with energy, eduction, agriculture, and journalism. She fishes and hunts, flies her own plane, is an NRA member and admits to using marijuana when it was legal in Alaska.

Add all that to the down's syndrome child and the son in the military and you have quite an impressive woman. I don't see how McCain could have made a better choice.

17. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Short answer -- NO.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Watch and see. Watch and see. :)

19. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Really? Or does it highlight the naked politicking that you will do regardless of the issue?

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The former. :thumbs: