1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For McCain Voters: Do you have a problem with voting for a woman VP?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 29, 2008.

?
  1. I will vote, or likely vote, for McCain and I have no problem with women leaders in government.

25 vote(s)
    86.2%
  2. I will vote, or likely vote, for McCain and I do not approve of women leaders in government.

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

No, but if someone disagrees with the very most basic teaching of the Bible then that is a pretty good indication.

What you or I "believe" is beside the point. What matters is what the Bible says, and it is clear that destroying life is wrong.

Forget about what I or anyone else believes, read the Bible and follow it.

This is a major problem in churches today, instead of accepting the Bible as it is written, we create "beliefs". Why not just read the Bible and accept its teachings?

AJ

2. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Perhaps, but the stance cited in the post that I was referring, and used to label her as a "right-wing radical" was the pro-life stance.

AJ

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

You seem to think that all women are pro-choice. There will be a lot of Christian women voting, and for the women libs, her stance on abortion doesn't matter...she's a woman.

I believe she will get a lot of Hillary's votes. She's sure getting them on THIS poll. :thumbs:

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are quite a number of Christian women who are pro-choice. There are a lot of Christian women who are not pro-choice.

To be a one-issue voter is irresponsible. [No, I am not pro-abortion.] But there is so much more at stake in any presidential race than just abortion. What about care of the elderly, the infirmed of any age, the mentally ill, the physically disabled, the homeless, the enviornment, water quality, air quality, taxes, social security, etc. etc., etc.

5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is possible, I don't know. But the post may well have beenm referring to other stances this lady has taken also.

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see how McCain could have made a better choice.

Be plain, prophet. What's going to happen?

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible does not speak to abortion directly. There is only one reference that can be stretched to include abortion and that verse comes down on the side of the mother.

I am not pro-abortion, but I realize that a case cannot be built from the writings in the Bible.

8. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

The Bible doesnt mention crack cocaine by name either, but it is clear from the overall reachings that doing crack is a sin.

It is the same with abortion. The act of abortion violates many general principles of Bible doctrine.

AJ

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because abortion is not directly spoken of does not mean we do not know God's heart on this issue. By your standard the doctrine of the Holy Ghost is false or vague at best.

Did not he who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same one form us both within our mothers? (Job 31:15).

Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother's breast. From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb you have been my God (Psalm 22:9-10).

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be (Psalm 139:13-16).

This is what the LORD says—he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you...(Isaiah 44:2).

Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you (Isaiah 46:3-4).

And now the LORD says—he who formed me in the womb to be his servant to bring Jacob back to him and gather Israel to himself, for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD and my God has been my strength (Isaiah 49:5).

The word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations" (Jeremiah 1:4-5).

When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy" (Luke 1:41-42, 44).

The Writings in the Bible are the living Word of God (Hebrews 4:12) not just simply writings.

#49 Revmitchell, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
  10. rbell

rbell Active Member

So...Psalm 139 and "thou shalt not kill" are figments of my imagination?

11. JerryL

JerryL New Member

But where it counts, he is 8 points behind. The president isn't elected from the BB, and I'm glad. :laugh: There's enough one issue voters in the US as it is.

#51 JerryL, Aug 30, 2008
  12. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You shall not murder seems pretty direct. What else would you like?

I am not aware of this verse. What do you have in mind?

13. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I am supposing he might be referring to a verse in Exodus 21, where a pregnant woman loses her unborn child as a result of some sort of striving between a couple of men, although it has nothing to do with abortion.

14. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This probably should be in a different thread. But the Bible does not consider life begun until the first breath.

I'll have to look up the verse you ask for. But the jest is that if a person harms pregnant woman and she looses the baby he must pay. That verse comes as close to talking about abortion as any ... in fact, it is the only one.

15. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

That's simply not true. In several places the Bible attributes life to the unborn.

As I suspected you are talking about Exod 21:22-25:

As you can see, if has nothing to do with abortion, but with premature birth. In fact, v. 23 talks of "further injury ... a life for a life" making clear that if the baby dies, a life is required as payment for a life. There, the Bible attaches capital punishment to acts which cause the death of the unborn.

16. North Carolina Tentmaker

The verses are Exodus 21:22-23 which say:
    And this passage has everything to do with abortion because it establishes that under he Old Testament law the life of an unborn child was equal to that of a grown man or woman.

No it does not say, if you abort a baby you will die. But it does say that "if any mischief follow" which I read to mean, "if she miscarries," (I am sure someone will disagree with me) they thou shalt give life for life.

To me that is pretty clear.

When you take this in context of other verses that indicate things like "God knows us in the womb," I don't see how the Bible could be more clear.

#56 North Carolina Tentmaker, Aug 30, 2008
  17. North Carolina Tentmaker

Thanks Pastor Larry, response is quick here.

18. JerryL

JerryL New Member

What about this part of the verse. I'm no abortion proponent, but this could be twisted to say that the judges have spoken, with R vs. W. That and the woman is willingly giving up the child and that the law is no longer binding.

19. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Note in the verse, that is referring to the premature birth, not the death of the baby.

20. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

She will lose voters, the right wing chauvinist

I think this minority is growing smaller and smaller with advent of the "New Evangelical" or the "Rick Warren Evangelical" but we have all met them and you are lucky to get a word in edgewise.

The so called "the little woman should stay at home and take care of the kids" fundy, fundy, fanatic.

here is the person I am talking about a clear example dealing with a Christian woman, again we have met this person and you just roll your eyes.

[​IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ5d6EO4-WU

for the record I agree with the Christian Lady in this video

This is a post , I did a day ago and I think it is interesting to post it here in relation to the poll.

I do think there are some fundy,fundy, wacko male chauvinists type will not even give her the time of day and we have all met them. She is a Feminist who wants to balance child baring with an aggressive ambitious career. Her choice, but I just want to point out the poll that she will lose that fundy male chauvinist vote without them even giving her a chance.

16% according to this poll which I think is too high, the men like the guy in the video are diminishing and Thank God they are but they will not vote for her and the strangle hold they have on their "women folk" they will probably not even be allowed to vote.