1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For McCain Voters: Do you have a problem with voting for a woman VP?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 29, 2008.

?
  1. I will vote, or likely vote, for McCain and I have no problem with women leaders in government.

25 vote(s)
    86.2%
  2. I will vote, or likely vote, for McCain and I do not approve of women leaders in government.

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Do these pics look like anything besides a human being?

These humans were alive in the womb before they were forcibly extracted and killed:

http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/pictures_3.html

If you could kill these little babies?????...never mind

AJ

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I am not a one-issue voter..UNLESS..that one issue goes against what God told us to do in the Bible. In this case, He has condemned both abortion and g@ys.

I could not, in all good conscience vote for anyone who supported either of those two issues because I would be disobeying God.

When God hangs a millstone around the pro-abortion people's necks, I want to be as far away from them as possible.

My voting for them is endorsing what they stand for and I cannot do that when it goes against God's Word.

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

Well the verse says that "if her fruit depart" but "no mischief follow" then it is up to the judges, but "if michief follow, then thou shalt give life for life."

To me, and I allow you could interpret differently, but to me it says if the child is born early but lives then it is up to the judge but if the baby dies so does the one who caused the death.

Now what is important is not the penalty. The OT gives capital punishment for lots of offenses we don't anymore. I have not heard of a teen ager being stoned to death for smarting off to his parents in a long time. What is important is that the penalty is the same for the murder of the unborn "fruit" a it is for a full grown live person. What is established is that in the eyes of God there is no difference between these two people.

4. JerryL

JerryL New Member

A am Blessed, realize that everything someone says to get a vote, isn't nessesarily what they really care about or plan on attacking while in office.

5. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Maybe not...but a hope in a politician that may be lying about the truth, is alot better than a vote for one that unashamedly states that he is supporting unbiblical doctrine, and promoting abortion and gay rights.

I'd rather face God knowing that I believed the liar that said he obeyed the Bible, than to face Him knowing that I supported the person that blatantly opposes the teachings of the Bible.

AJ

6. JerryL

JerryL New Member

But he makes part of his money from the sale of alchohol. What about that, isn't it wrong? How many people does alcohol kill each year?

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Not as many as abortion, I imagine. Furthermore, while the use and sale of alcohol is certainly unwise in any respect, it is not necessarily unbiblical. Murder is.

8. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Up until the time McCain announced his choice for VP I was looking for a reason to vote for McCain, Sarah Palin wasn't that reason I was looking for. It is odd that I am finding more reasons not to vote for any candidates. This is definitely the weakest field of candidates I have ever seen in my lifetime so far.

9. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

10. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

11. Josiah

Josiah New Member

Amen, Blessed - Well Said!!:godisgood:

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Perhaps you didn't see where Ms Palin refused to sign a bill forbidding domestic benefits for g@y couples? You might want to look in to her more closely.

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctpolitics/2008/08/is_palin_an_eva.html

13. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Yes, I saw that.

I also saw where Ms Palin signed a bill forbidding g@y marriages.

One step at a time...Rome wasn't built in a day and Obama isn't going to 'change' everything in a day like he thinks he is...