1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For My KJV Brothers & Sisters: List of KJV Churches

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by LadyEagle, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Originally posted by Precepts:
    "You learned something from only a minority, but at least you've confessed to your dishonesty, sad."
    Where did you get that he's dishonest? I think Skan is honest. He's KJVp and is honest enough to say where he believes it falls short (my words), and when he sees a failing in any BV, whether a MV, or the KJV, he points it out. Neither side seems 100% fair, but it seems, or appears to me that the KJVO's (some, not all) suppress, have double standards, inconsistently attach MV's when the KJV has similar short comings (see thread, "Alleged Double Standards of KJVO's)

2. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Truth is never misguided.

I've only judged your posts. I have not called you a non-Christian nor will I ever. I have said that your posts are often filled with sarcasm, a claim that was backed up by other fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I don't ever remember an apology, and I sure have not seen repentance.

Prooftexting God's word to make it seem okay that unScriptural practices are correct does not work.

I don't know where this comes from, but are you admitting that your posts were evil? How is demanding that a Christian act Christlike a matter of "consuming lust?"

Some things of note: I haven't turned any member of this board against you - they have come to their conclusion all by themselves. Second, you claim that this board is wicked and ungodly. If this is true, why do you still continue to visit it? Third, over and over I have asked for Scriptures justifying your use of sarcasm, name-calling, and mean-spiritedness - or even sarcastic humor - and you have failed to provide such. Therefore, I and others on this board have come to the conclusion quite independently that you are not obeying the Word of God in many of your posts.

With Christ there is no darkness at all. Are you now questioning a person's salvation?

Let's see the Scripture here about provoking someone to wrath here. Jesus Christ provoked the wrath of the Pharisees in Luke 4:28, so if provoking wrath is sinful, then Jesus must have sinned. I fail to see how I am culpable of your wife's jealousy for speaking Truth.

Show us where you offered an apology, and then show us where you gave an act of repentence.

Aye, it is because of my love for the brethren that I cannot stand by and allow them to be the brunt of sarcastic posts filled with mean-spiritedness and name calling. I will stand with and for the Church and all who are in it.

I get along fine with many of the people in this forum. Even Spirit and Truth, who had a spirited argument with me, came to a happy resolution. Will and I often disagree, but he gives his posts in a spirit which is quite unlike yours. I have not been hateful towards you personally, but have attempted to show that your posts have been filled with cruelty towards members of the body of Christ. Since you cannot provide SCriptural proof that this is okay, what else must I conclude? Sarcasm has absolutely no place in the Body of Christ. It never has and never will. THAT's the issue. Give all the ad hominems you'd like towards me, but sarcasm just doesn't belong.

I fail to see, again, how pointing out the maliciousness in your posts makes me a viper.

All you have to do is repent of that which I would hope you understand is against the Word. There are basically two roads here: One, admit that you have not acted towards your Christian brethren with love by making sarcastic, name-calling, and mean-spirited posts and turn away from that behavior and we can get along fine. Two, continue to post in the manner in which you have posted and continue seeing my posts identifying that which is outside of what is profitable for the Body of Christ.

They are more than happy to post on here. Part of our personality comes up on this board - not all of it, admittedly. I just don't like the part that I see. So much goes against what I read in the Word of God about treating fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Therefore, I must follow what Christ and Paul said and confront that which is incorrect.

I'm a trained therapist. Listening is what I do. I act when that which I hear goes against the Word of God.

I will be all for that if you decide to take road one.

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Hey! I just played along with his little spin doctoring. he said he learned from dishonest folks, one can only conclude that he learned dishonesty then. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :rolleyes:

4. ScottEmerson

Evidence of more extra-Biblical sarcasm. Precepts admits that he really didn't believe that about Kevin, yet he slanders his name by calling him dishonest.

5. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Leave out the big "IF". I will only consider Christian charity as unconditional. You could use a little more therapy on your own and stop forcing your occupation on others in BB. You obviously listen with a preconceived bias. You have aslo failed in your abilities to observe what you say is your occupation to listen.

I'm afraid I see you as nothing more than an over-zealous, overly-educated,insensitive, 25 year-old punk, adolescent in his thinking, but exhuberantly forward while over-expectating a predetermined reaction to your gist. Sorry, but no repentence to your insipid laws.

You keep setting yourself up for this, when will you ever learn?
    Just by simply evaluating this remark here, you have made yourself the hypocrite. A simple deduction of your last statement anyone can deduce you exclude me from your brothers and suisters in Christ. You are persistent in propigating an entanglement of words in an attempt to further denigrate my posts made in jest and thereby you are judging the very one who made those posts, namedly, me.
    You leave us no choice but to call your memory into question along with your inability to detect a repentative heart. Again, you set yourself up as Judge, that's wicked and ungodly.
    Then you should stop doing it then and making yourself the hypocrite
    Looks like you need to go back to school on this one.
    http://www.baptistboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/4/1313.html? And you never suggested it to anyone either? That is an outright lie! Looks like you should REPENT!
    Never did say that, I said this "forum", not this "Board" as in the baptist Board, your preconceiving an illegitimate child again.
    Since you introduced a preconceived illegitimate child, I'll have to let you give an illegitimate answer to your own illegitimate question.
    Wow! You can count to three, did they teach you that in Psycology 101? Maybe you and others should refrain from so quickly judging your brethren. The ONLY ones I see that agree with you are the very ones who are guilty of your crime. You sir portray a Pharisee in this concocted analogy towards me or anyone else you simply disagree with, that's really sad, but at least you put it forth on the open forum for everyone else to see for themselves.
    There's your obsessive persistence again, and suggesting something as if it's against the rules, all over again.

All I did was allow time for you to see for yourself that you have an evil "eye" focused on my posts with your little periscope protruding from the depths of guile and inordinate affecting with evil surmising propelling your submarine of malicious precognitions suspect of malicious intent. You simply need to pluck that eye out, it is not a matter of a splinter, but the whole eye, you consistently prove that over and over again.
    Thank you for once again perverting the context of the entire Bible. Herelet me give you a verse since you don't mind letting people think God is a liar and a hypocrite:

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Now either you just accused God as I said you did, or you just denied Christ as God, which is it?
    I won't go through all that trouble to satisfy you lusts, I'll just apologize again that you keep taking me the wrong way, I apologize, now let's move after I deal with the rest of your malicious post. Then we'll see just how much you really do want to have this settled between us?
    The why can't I be your friend too then? Seems you're persistent in trying to drive a wedge between us by your malicious efforts. You're the only one that is pushing the issue concerning this, so either cease, or continue to make yourself look the fool, the choice is yours.
    Then we should also, are you game? I get along with you and everybody else just fine from my standpoint, why is it you and obviously others have the alternate? Adverse? Opposite?
    I'll just have to ask you to acept my individuality and refrain from trying to force me into your mold, of yourself or your expectations. IOW, I'm NOT Brother Will, learn this!
    The convolutions of your EVIL eye at work again: refrain, repent, the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!
    For those who dare to read this lengthy reply to the accusative mind of Scott Emerson Clark, what yopu have just witnessed is his use of the practice of "SPIN" that is taking waht someone says and twisting it around to make it look contrary.

SEC, you alone make youtrself the viper, sad.
    I already did. it seems i can apologize to everyone and most will accept that apology, you and others still refuse.

There you go again with the convolutions of your evil eye, demanding repentence to a law conceived of your own making, therefore becoming a judge.
    Then either get over it and learn to lighten up and like the simple jesting back and forth or get out of the kitchen if the heats too hot for you. I never asked you to like, so just lump it,jump it, bump it, or hump it.
    You are blatantly misusing the scritpure again as a means of attack and a sword against your ally, your comrad in arms. You are amazingly obsessed.
    Looks to me like they railroaded you through the training classes and duped you for your money, you are onviously not listening very well, you're carrying on like an old hag bent out-of-shape and having a hard time with PMS.

You really should roll up in a fetal position in your job at the church you're at and stay real close to your protected environment. If you can't act responsibly to this kind of jesture you'll never make it in the real world.

I have yet to see a simple plea of understanding from you, all I keep seeing is a persistent and malcious attempt to defame me and judge my character and my Christianity. To be outright honest with you SEC, We would bring you before the church for discipline for your consistent refusal to maintain unity in the Body of Christ. You keep causing the schizm between you and i and this is my plea to you to refrain from such behaviour. [​IMG]

Your brother in Christ,

Ricky (whether you ever like me or not)

6. Precepts

Precepts New Member

One might conclude you are stalking me SEC. I'll have to ask you not to add your conjecture to my posts anymore.

7. ScottEmerson

8. ScottEmerson

Please read the writings of Paul here.

Show me where jesting is mentioned as okay in the body of Christ.

How am I misusing Scripture here?

Ad hominem. Pure and simple. Where can this be found in the body of Christ?

Ad hominem. Where can this be found in the body of Christ?

Somehow I doubt that I would be the one brought up to the church for discipline. I'm not the one who said, and I quote: "I see you as nothing more than an over-zealous, overly-educated,insensitive, 25 year-old punk, adolescent in his thinking."

So, have you found where sarcasm can be found in the body of Christ yet?

9. Precepts

Precepts New Member

10. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Paranoid. (sorry I just couldn't resist calling you two 'noids') :D

11. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Elaine, if you're KJVO, please tell us BY WHOSE AUTHORITY you're KJVO. And BY WHOSE AUTHORITY do you defend the KJVO myth and tell us WE should be KJVO? Michelle, I ask the same questions of you. also. I asked them once and you didn't answer.

And as for Joseph being Jesus' father-Joe raised Him and supported Him during His human childhood, did he not? By the standards of the time as well as now, that qualifies him to have been Jesus'earthly father.

My dad was raised by a woman who was not his biological mother; he always called her "Mom" & I always called her "Grandma". Would this not apply to the people who were given the greatest parental responsibility of all time-to raise God's Son into human manhood?

12. michelle

michelle New Member

Peace and love to you all in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,

Robycop, are you also one of those that delight in missing the point?

I continually read by those of you who support the modern versions, BY WHOSE AUTHORITY do we believe in the KJVO and BY WHOSE AUTHORITY do we tell you to be KJVO. The first problem with this question, is your lack of understanding the answers given to you continually by those you label as KJVO's. The second problem is your lack of understanding from the answers given to you comes from your bias regarding this label you have given to those who do not fit that label.

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

13. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we should call it quits while we are still ahead. Brothers ScottEmerson, and Precepts let us consider the admonition of Paul when he said, "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves" (Philippians 2:3).

In order to keep the peace and our sanity (especially mine ;) ), this thread now will be closed. Thank you all for your kind contribution. God bless all!

Barnabas (BB Administrator) [​IMG]