1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured For my mom

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Michael Wrenn, Feb 21, 2012.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

The lymph nodes were negative, and so was the tissue surrounding them -- thank God!

However, the oncologist said this was a very rare form of cancer, and this kind had been known to "skip around" -- that is, to go to other places in the body. As a precaution, he wants my mom to have a CT scan of her stomach, lungs, and liver, this Friday. At first she didn't want to do it, but my sisters and I talked her into it. She's so exhausted, though, that she's going to ask to be rescheduled for this test for later.

The surgeon also told her she's got anemia due to so much blood loss from the surgery, so they'll try to build her up with iron supplements.

So, it's good news, but there's still a little more to do. Please pray that the cancer had not migrated elsewhere.

3. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

An update:

My mom got the results of the CT scan Tuesday -- showed cancer cells in lymph nodes on opposite side. Also, there was a spot on her adrenal glands. Oncologist said that might not be anything, and he wanted to keep a watch on the lymph nodes for three months before deciding what to do.

We are worried, but praying and hoping for the best.

Please continue to keep my mom in your prayers.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praying to the God of miracles! The Great Physician!!

5. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Thank you very much for your prayers.