1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For New Believers

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Gina B, Apr 21, 2004.

1. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

While i am not a "new Christian" i have renewed my faith. I stoped going to church in the 6th grade and came back to the church about two months ago.

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Welcome back ckm. [​IMG]
    I quit "wanting" to be in church or have anything to do with Christianity around the same age, but was forced to anyhow. (which only made it worse)
    Glad to see you here, and look forward to seeing what you post.
    Gina

3. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

For those seeking a Bible, I would suggest a KJV or NASB [​IMG] Both are conservative translations, along with the NKJV.

Also, remember, "Christianity" is just a "religion," make sure you have a *personal* relationship with Jesus Christ! That's the most important thing [​IMG]

http://www.gotothebible.com/HTML/whatmustido.html

4. nursinmamaa

nursinmamaa New Member

I am new to all this as well. I am just considering joining a Independent Fundamental Church in my area. Here is an odd question.
    I know that the Jehovah Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas. (I kind of understand why, but I do not want to open that can of worms.) Do the Baptist celebrate Christmas? Are there "rules" to being Baptist?
    Thanks!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member

The only thing that I would like to add is that whether your in a conservative, "ultra" conservative, fire and bream stone, or whatever sort of church enviroment, just the fact that you are in a place of worship is wonderful. As long as each of you take to heart the message that is given, and let it be a guide for you in the week to come, and if possible, share it with someone you know. If you feel "wierd", or "afraid" to witness to someone, then let your actions, your way of life, your "you" be a witness for you. Those close to you will see a differance in your life that having a personal relationship with God will make. And when asked about your change, invite them to the same conservative, ultra conservative, or breamstone church where you get your thirst for the holy spirit quenched. God opens the kingdom of heaven to us if we believe......shouldn't we at least open the doors to those who are lost?

6. thenjduke

thenjduke New Member

I am not a new believer but I am a believer that is starting new. I have been hiding in the shadows these last few years and not doing what God wants me to do and obey him.
    So everyone pray for me that I continue to do God's Will.

7. DiannaM

DiannaM New Member

I am new again in Christ. I backslide for years, even tried another religion, but he did not give up on me, and here I am again in his arms. Found a church in time to go to this past Sunday. And once I was at church, I knew so deeply that this is what has been missing. I am praying as I grow deeper in the word, that my husband too will realize the gift we have been given, and return to the Lord with me. Trying now to figure the best way to study. I know there are reading programs to read through the bible in a year, but that is too big of a time frame for me. So will figure something out.

Dianna

8. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am not sure what the rules to being Baptist are. I have not had them shown to me at church. Yes, Baptists celebrate Christmas. We also celebrate Reserrection Day, instead of Easter.

9. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Most of us shamelessly go ahead and celebrate ordinary easter, on the very day the catholics do, just because its easy to use the same day and there's no harm in it. Christmas too. And birthdays (not as a church tho) . . . we read whatever translation we can get our hands on, the better to compare and learn what was in the original greek and hebrew. We disagree over theological nitpickin things just for the fun of it to the horror of those who don't have fun nitpickin. We share Jesus around like one begger sharing bread with another. We love one another even as we nitpick with each other. We look forward to Jesus coming and helping us be better than we are today. Welcome aboard for the ride!
    You will have interesting times.