1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For real?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Jun 4, 2011.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

That is just rude

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

:thumbsup: Me 2

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

At this stage it is hard to know, but so far he looks like a true conservative. I heard him interviewed was genearlly impressed. It'll be interesting to see how the next several months go.

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Didn't want to derail this thread any further so i started a new one.

5. targus

targus New Member

She isn't entirely off base.

After Revere was captured by the British he did tell them that they were aware that the British were on their way to confiscate weapons and that the British would be facing an army of armed individuals.

The poem that you may be using as the basis of your knowledge of Revere is no more historically factually correct than Palin's version.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Didn't I mention that above?

7. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, there's actually a place on Earth where "confused and befuddled by a simple question" isn't a commentary on someone's intelligence?

There's no "technically" about it. She isn't running for anything.

When has she ever claimed to be a spokesman for anyone at all?

What, exactly, would that "make right" when she wasn't wrong in the first place?

How is apologizing for something you never did a "class act"?

8. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

9. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

This is just a case of one little detail (warned the British) taken out of context of her larger statement happening to resemble a little know fact. But read the detail in it's larger context (both the original statement and latter explanation) and it sounds nothing like the factoid you mention.

For one, the "warning" you mention was purely incidental to Reveres purpose. He was doing his best to avoid the British and his subsequent capture put an end to his ride. Not to mention the absence of Palin's gunfire and bell ringing.

It's an ad hoc explanation that stretches creduiity to use in defense of her statement. But again her initial mistake is of little real interest everyone makes mistakes like that), its the subsequent defense of her statement that is truly interesting.

10. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Yeah I caught what she was trying to say. But what she was trying to get at is even more problematic than a simple misstatement. First of all she was technically incorrect in all the details of her statements. The purpose of the ride was not to warn the British - he in fact did his best to avoid them. The only semi-literal "warning" he gave was when his ride was effectively over (and there is indication that his real intent was to deceive the British). There was no gunshots or bell ringing on the ride either.

Secondly her larger point approaches absurdity. At the vey least her take on "warning" is decidely nonstandard. Consider this analogy: You overhear some guy at a cafe planning to rob your neighbors that night. You don't let on to the would be robber that you overheard or care and sneak to the restroom were you can surreptitiously call your neighbor so they can be prepared to protect their property.

Now the robber is certainly going to find out that the house is defended and they will certainly know to expect resistance if they continue in the robbery. However it would be absurd to claim that your secret phonecall was somehow intended as a warning to the robber. The only signal sent to the robber was the shotgun pellets inches hide.

At the very least, saying you were warning the robber with your phone call is a decidedly...weird take on the incident - an explanation which stretches logic.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I am going to have to depart - as much as I have enjoyed this I have spent far too much time here.

I think that maybe some aspects of the right deserve Gov Palin as their spokesperson/leader/representative. I think I will wait for someone else.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah, She forgot one word - The British rebels.

HankD

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C4K, remember the bad mouthing, the ridicule and contempt Ronald Reagan received when he was contemplating the run for president?

What?! An actor for president!!?

Chimp jokes, etc. But...

HankD

14. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is it about the fact that she's not running for anything and that she's never claimed to be anyone's "spokesperson" or "representative" that you find so hard to grasp? You seem to be very confused and befuddled by this very simple concept.

15. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

You hit the nail on the head

IMO----the soundbite was an obvious "throw" by liberal media in their ongoing pursuit in downplaying GOP potential candidates which is geared pschologically to make the Democrats appear as "Einstein think alikes!"

Can you spell Potato, Mister Quale???

Yes-----ummmmm----P-O-T-A-T-O-E

The GOP ticket crashes and burns

Trent Lott at the famed birthday party and his line----If you'd been President 100 years ago, we would't have the mess we're in now(or something along those lines)

The GOP ticket crashes and burns again

Then Palin comes along----Mercy---I can see Russia from my house!!

Again----the GOP ticket crashes and burns---the liberal media does not look for the GOP plane to ABORT takeoff and return smoothly to the terminal-----------they want the GOP to crash and burn-----every misspelled word---every misdirected historcial fact---making mountains out of mole hills-----every lit match into a towering inferno that rivals Mrs. O'Leary's cow!!!

I believe the liberal media will keep on until they have their new and improved Adolf Hitler elected

One more thing----I'd rather be known as Paul Revere over Benedict Arnold---any day of the year!!

#76 blackbird, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  17. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just find it fascinating that the Looney Left is obsessed with this woman, who isn't a leader of anything, who isn't an elected official, who isn't running for anything, but is merely riding around on a bus, while completely ignoring substantive issues and men who actually are running for office. The media was complicit in the Pigford scandal, carries the water for Oba-Mao and the Islamacists' radical and anti-Israel policies and acts, and completely ignored the fact that a U.S. senator was engaged in perverted sexual acts and now admits that he doesn't even know whether many of the women/girls he was involved with are of legal age.

But they consider it a major victory that they embarrassed Sarah Palin.

18. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I'm not a fan of hers and I doubt she is a fan of mine( she never heard of me). I couldn't vote for her and McCain and it wasn't her fault, McCain was way to far to the left for me, so I went 3rd party.

I agree with your above statement and it is a shame.

19. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

What is MOST evident to me is that the Left is once again working their media magic to cause the Right to reconsider who is or is not fit for office -- and worse, the Right is falling for it.

Of course, Palin is NOT running for anything right now, but should she jump in (and there is still time) they will just continue the onslaught. If she doesn't jump in, they will still continue the onslaught -- she is their new toy.

They will do likewise with any candidate they do not like -- which is ANY candidate more conservative than McCain or those like him.

20. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

"Come listen my children and you shall hear
    Of the cowardly treason of Paul Revere".....