1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For those Harry Potter lovers - Did you know ??

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Allan, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Allan;

I am not doubting the article or your post. It's just that I can not form a personal opinion on Doubledorff because I haven't read the book. As far as the confessions of the author goes then I might lean toward the character being in the closet. Your stance is admirable and your posting of this thread is very informative.

Thank you

#161 Palatka51, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  2. donnA

donnA Active Member

If we all thought this, there's be no limit to what we read, or watch on tv and movies. After all tv and movies aren't real either.
    It has to do with scripture and God, too bad all christians don't understand that.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

So the books are not only pro witch craft (which God prohibits) they are pro homosexual (which God also prohibits).
    No matter what people say they believe, they are going to do whatever they want to do, no matter what scripture says.

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

My take on the whole HP matter is that the witchcraft and gay scenarios are just curtains that hide a more hideous scheme. Rowlings has done a good job of hiding it. She is teaching youth that they can be god by self will and determination. Come on look at the spells and connotations the characters cast. It's all verbal. Just as God spoke His will to create all that there is. Each student is being taught how they can be as gods. All Harry has to do is wave his wand and speak and his broom comes to him or he gets himself out of a jam. Sure it is fantasy but it is indoctrinating our youth with budding godhood. Please see my first post in this thread. Post #159
    The witchcraft and gay issues are just a ruse to get publicity and cause Christians to call for the book to be banned. Which causes free publicity and entices our youth to want to read these stories for themselves.
    Real witchcraft dealt with hallucinating drugs that made people feel that they could fly with broomsticks or make them be voodoo like zombies.

#164 Palatka51, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2008