1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured For those that drink alcohol

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gina B, Dec 21, 2012.

1. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

I don't drink often but neither can I say I am a teetotaller. Last time I imbibed was at a pca church i visited last month. Just so happen to have been a day they took the Lords Supper. They had wine and juice. I chose the wine. Only time I was ever served wine at the Lords Supper. Matter of fact I believe it is the correct way. I would allow my child to sip some alcohol if she were so inclined.

2. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

I did grow up with parents that drank. My mom and dad ran a bar and did allow me to sip. I can't say I've never been intoxicated but it wasn't often and I have no desire to be so again. The environment I grew up in certainly increased my desire to sin but it didn't increase my chances of being an alcoholic. Which I'm not. If anything it dreased my desire for alcohol.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you drink...don't get creamated!

My uncle was a heavy drinker [another word for alcoholic]. When he died, the funeral home went to cremate him and the oven exploded :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    This was a joke. Just in case someone gets upset with me, or tells me it couldn't happen. Shalom!

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should have gotten a rebate from the funeral director...after all your uncle provided his own combustible fuel. :laugh:

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

RDudue- An awful joke like that deserves an award...for those who had the misfortune to read it.:smilewinkgrin:

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am of the opinion that drunkeness is not the cause but the effect of a life given over to sin.

A hiding place in the darkness from God if you will

John 3:19
    And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Proverbs 31:16-17
    Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
    Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.

HankD