1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured For Those Who Have Witnessed or Participated in Tongues

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by saturneptune, Sep 3, 2012.

1. awaken

awaken Active Member

You can not judge all churches by some! The church I attend and visited everything is done descently and orderly! Just like Paul tells us too!

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

If people are rising up, whether in orderly succession or not, and speaking out some non-sensical jibber jabber and claiming it is a language- then they look stupid to thinking people- Christian and non-Christian alike.

3. awaken

awaken Active Member

tongues and interpretation is very powerful in a church! Don't know where you witness it?

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

The same way billions of Christians missed it for MOST of the history of the Christian church- it is not real.

It, like all other forms of unique revelation that God has given, was for a specific people at a specific time.

5. awaken

awaken Active Member

Well at least you did not call it demonic!

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No. I don't think the practice of tongues is always demonic.

I have seen videos of tongues practiced by other religions that are demonic that look practically identical to the pentecostal type churches I grew up in and that I have visited since becoming saved.

But I think sometimes it's not Satan as much as it is stupidity.

7. awaken

awaken Active Member

Well, I will pray that God shows you the reality of it all! Don't judge the real by the fake!

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

And I will pray for you that you will be lead away from your error which undermines the sufficiency of Scripture and humiliates the Body of Christ the world over.

9. awaken

awaken Active Member

I hope you were sincere, because if I am in error I would like to know. But it is like this....If someone was to come up and tell you that you are not saved, how would you react?

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I have heard many wonderful messages preached in tongues. Fortunately, the tongue was in english.

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

I had never heard of tongues until I was around 19 years old and worked at a lumber yard with a few other young fellows. I made friends with a fellow we called "TL", he was in his early twenties, married and had a child. I found out he was a Christian and we became fast friends. We used to get an hour for lunch, so one day he invited me over to his house, which was only a short walk away. I accepted.

Well, I'll never forget when I walked in. From a bedroom I heard the most awful and strange sounds I have ever heard. I am not trying to be insulting, but it did not sound human and disturbed me very much. I asked TL what that noise is, and he said, "Oh, that is my wife and a few of her friends, they are having a prayer meeting."

Well, I couldn't take it, it was unbearable to me. I told TL I could not listen to that sound and left. He laughed at me later, but I just couldn't handle that sound.

TL and I remained friends as long as we worked together. It was never an issue for us, but I could not handle those tongues.