1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured For what it's worth .... Obama goes it alone! AGAIN?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jan 7, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.theintelligencer.net/pag...-Obama-Acts-Alone-On-Gun-Control.html?nav=515

After reading his proposals, I was more relieved than annoyed. He has done nothing major to curtail gun control, and in a way; he has made it safer for Americans by beefing up the FBI personnel that will process background checks!

Still, it is ridiculous, that he continues to strike out ALONE when it comes to issues of importance to the people he was elected to serve! I mean, he is but one branch of the government. However, he continues to act like a dictator by enacting Executive Orders when he can't get his own way! It is his right to use EOs to get things done, but it would be nice if he made use of the other branches of government. That is of course my opinion.

Anyway, no harm done here, when it comes to his gun-control changes. What are your thoughts about his BIG TIME changes?

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually since Congress does nothing and will do nothing it is not ridiculous that he acted by executive order. I see nothing wrong with really serious background checks.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CTB - what makes the background checks in this EO "more serious" than the background checks already being done?

Which mass shooting would have been prevented by any of the measures in this EO?

How exactly will this EO protect us?

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Well, Obama is still 60 executive orders behind W and a whopping 150 behind Reagan.

Remind me again why executive orders are so bad and why we weren't complaining about them under these Republican Presidents?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its not so much how many - but what they are? For example - how many EOs have been rescinded by each POTUS

Link for EO's

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has done nothing major to curtail gun control, and in a way; he has made it safer.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I know what you mean, but would you clarify?

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Obama isn't going it alone, he has George Soros the United Nations and the corporate media backing his plays.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Better ask the OP. I'm merely quoting what he wrote. You know, the guy that wrote "he has done nothing major" and then a couple of sentences later, in bold, bigger font and color says, "What are your thoughts about his BIG TIME changes?

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Obama and his globalist buddies aren't going to stop here.

If they get their way Americans will be denied fifth amendment protections in order to deny Americans their rights covered by the second amendment.

That's what the "secret lists" are for. To deny Americans fifth amendment protection.

No one knows how one is put on them, no one knows how to get off one of them and no one is allowed to face their accusers in a court of law after being put on one. You're put on a "secret list" and zingo bango kiss your constitutional rights good bye.

You can now be locked up indefinitely or executed without charge or trial simply for being on a list.

That's totalitarian dictatorship.

No biggie.

#10 poncho, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  11. heisrisen

heisrisen Active Member

It's just more of a tight leash to push the agenda and bring in the new world order, along with full blown martial law.

12. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well...maybe not so much on the decentralization of power.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah Obama reversed Bush's assault on the constitution by pushing the peddle to the metal. Full Steam Ahead!

I wonder if George W. Bush regrets handing Barrack H. Obama and the globalists a unitary presidency?

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He shut down major TV communications to give a speech in which he said nothing.

Methinks the emperor was desirous to show off his new clothes.

HankD

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't he strike out alone? The Republican led Congress has made it clear that they aren't gonna try to work with him.

I mean when Romneycare was pushed through, so many on the right were for it. This President sends through a clone in Obamacare and suddenly it's unconstitutional.

The folks on the right have got issues and more and more everyday it seems less and less like politics but straight old fashioned fear.

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romneycare is a state based system. Nothing unconstitutional about that. ObamaCare is a federal system that created taxing authority to compel compliance. That is not constitutional, er, well, it wasn't until SCOTUS ruled.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Okay, differently made up SCOTUSes have the option to rule as they please. This one did not find it to be unConstitutional.

18. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More of the same .... and nothing new. You and CTB are tighter than two birds in the Springtime. Get a nest, and give it a rest.

19. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's one facet of "politics." Another is getting away, during a campaign, from a church that thunders "G## d### America!" which he will likely go back to next year.

#19 Alcott, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Say it doesn't protect us. Then what's the harm of the President trying to do SOMETHING? I'm sure the administration would love to hear nonpartisan recommendations or ideas about some things that could be done.

The GOP has gutted and cut the funding for the ATF to do what it's supposed to do. So the President by EO had to do something.