1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Forbes: Rudy's the One

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

"Rudy Giuliani is the real fiscal conservative in the 2008 presidential race. That's why I'm endorsing him for president.
    Most Americans know that Mr. Giuliani turned around America's largest city. They know he cut crime and welfare in half; they know that he improved the quality of life from Times Square to Coney Island and everywhere in between. And they witnessed his Churchillian leadership following the terrorist attacks on 9/11. Less well known is the mayor's fiscal record. Nonetheless, conservatives will find it impressive. He built New York's resurgence not just on fundamental police work, but also on a foundation of fiscal discipline. He cut taxes and the size of government and turned an inherited deficit into a multibillion dollar surplus. "

http://townhall.com/columnists/SteveForbes/2007/03/30/rudys_the_one

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

To quote:

"Steve Forbes is President and Chief Executive Officer of Forbes and Editor-in-Chief of Forbes magazine, and is also a frequent business commentator for Fox News Channel's "Forbes on Fox." He is National Campaign Co-Chair and Senior Policy Advisor to the Rudy Giuliani campaign."

He wouldn't be bias in his opinion now would he? :rolleyes: If you want someone that is the real deal, then vote for Ron Paul.

Jamie

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I guess Ps104_33 doesn't see the conflict of interest. :laugh:

One of Giuliani's greatest achievements that qualifies him for the office of the President of the United States of America is that he located the Office of Emergency Management in the 23rd floor of the 7 World Trade Center building, a decision that was criticized at the time because of the attack on the World Trade Center in 1993. But like Bush, Rudy wouldn't listen to the experts.

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

That has got to be one of the most idiotic statements that I have ever seen. Maybe he didnt want to cower in a corner at the thought of a terrorist attack like you would. Maybe his crystal ball was broken. What did you expect, that after 1993 we evacuate the twin towers and tear them down? And to think that you are indoctrinating our young impressionable minds with your fear-mongering drivel. If you want to go through life as a terrorist appeasing coward you go for it but I thank God in heaven that we still have brave people in this country who arent afraid to die for freedom. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

5. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I havent yet decided who I support for president, but I happen to like Steve Forbes. I voted for him in the primaries when he ran for the Republican nomination. But I am leaning toward Giulliani. What we need is a good leader. Ron Paul is a joke.

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

After not addressing the conflict of interest, it would appear that the joke would be on you.

What is it exactly that makes you think Giulliani should be the next POTUS?

What is it that you disagree with as far as Ron Paul? He's honest? Can't be bought? Doesn't fit the cookie cutter mold of the Rep party?

Jamie

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Even a fool can see what I am talking about, but apparently you aren't as wise as even a fool!

Rudy would not listen to the experts. In that way he is just like Bush. And it now appears you are just as dense!

8. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

You read too much Mother Jones magazine.

9. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Please link me up with this info so I can read it for myself.

10. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Care to reply Ps104_33?

Jamie