1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ford moving to Ethanol fuel - E85

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ben W, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ford sizes up with Super Chief
    by Wilmer Muller
    11/01/2006 15:39

Bigger is better they say, and Ford has given a fresh take on this thought with its F-250 Super Chief concept which steamed in at the Detroit Motor Show.

With the Super Chief concept, Ford is sizing up its future line-up of pickup trucks as it hints at what to expect from the next generation F-Series bakkies, due for introduction in 2008.

This massive bakkie is in your face and looks like a locomotive. In fact, it takes its name from cross-country luxury trains that ran on the US tracks from 1937 to 1971.

It is also like a block of concrete sitting on 24-inch wheels. However, it gives a glimpse of what to expect from Ford's future pickup trucks.

But of even more significance is the Super Chief's unique tri-fuel engine, which is a supercharged V10 that can run on hydrogen, E85 ethanol or petrol. Ford claims that this truck has a range of about 800 km between fill-ups.

The Super Chief's cabin is a showcase of luxury and it is finished off with American walnut, brown leather and aluminum trim.

http://snipurl.com/ljb6

2. billwald

billwald New Member

50 gallon fuel tank?

3. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Looks like a Nisson.

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Nissan

5. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I would be fine with ethanol for a fuel, if the govt. does not subsidize it and they keep it away from gasoline. But huge fuel tanks will be necessary.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

If it was designed to run on 100% alcohol the compression ratio could be raised to increase fuel effency.

7. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

tri fuel eh? wow. I like the way they think. I dont think a 50 gallon fuel tank is usuable to the average consumer. I dont want to have to obtain financing for a tank of gas. Nonetheless, all steps in the right direction!

8. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

A given quantity of alcohol contains far less heat potential than gasoline or diesel fuel, so no matter the efficiency of the final engine, very large fuel tanks will be necessary.

9. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm still trying to get over "bakkies."

S'up, mate?