1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FOREKNOWLEDGE

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by inpeace, Jul 1, 2005.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    Now I am not one to forgo an argument that is knocking about.
    I agree with you that scripture doe not say a 'regenerated' Nicodemus was compelled by the spirit to come to Jesus but a sheep Jesus came to find I said. No man can go to Jesus unless he is drawn.

john.

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Now I am not one to forgo an argument that is knocking about.
    I agree with you that scripture doe not say a 'regenerated' Nicodemus was compelled by the spirit to come to Jesus but a sheep Jesus came to find I said. No man can go to Jesus unless he is drawn.

john.
    </font>[/QUOTE]"if I be lifted up, I draw all men to me"

He hadn't been lifted up yet when Nicodemus came to him, so does that mean, "before I be lifted up I draw only a few men to me"?

Nicodemus was not regenerated when He came to Jesus at night seeking answers to questions that Jesus earlier conversations with the religious leaders that Nicodemus had undoubtedly inspired. So in that sense Nicodemus was drawn to Jesus, seeking and asking. Jesus delivered, but did Nicodemus believe? Perhaps, but we simply do not know, now do we?

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    No we don't.

john.