1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Founder's (On Line) Academy

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To all who might want training for the pastorate:

For all of you who may want training for the pastorate and do not think you can leave your present circumstances, check out the Founder's Academy at:

http://study.founders.org/

Check out their classes and profs/instructors. Top notch classes and professors. It is bent toward the Reform position. If that is a problem then stay away. I have been blessed to be one of the mentors in years gone by and am still listed with them. I just have not felt that I have had the time to put into the program in the last semester or two.

They also go through quite a screening process to acquire the mentors for the program. So you are not going to get any clunkers, present company excepted of course!!!HA!:laugh:

I would say to all who are interested, ask some questions here on the BB, or go to the web page and asks some questions of Dr. Ken Puls. He is a great guy who has a real heart for young ministerial students.

If I can help you I will be more than happy to do so.

Check it out!

sdg!:thumbs:
    rd

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that is a great program for pastors (etc). Maybe they never went to seminary or maybe they just wish to further their understanding of the Word, History, and ministry, from a Reformed (Biblical) perspective.

I wish my pastor would take classes through this program, but I will not hold my breath. He is thinking about getting a masters through Liberty's distance education program, and I think that is GREAT, but he is not reformed. He is a big "fan", if I could use that word, of Charles Stanley, Ergun Caner, and Jerry Falwell. Like those men, I would say that he holds some real misunderstandings about certain reformed positions (Particular Atonement being the big one). Having said that, there are certain reformed positions that he is very comfortable with. For example he believes that a person cannot come to Christ unless they are first drawn (Jn 6:44), he believes that lost people are totally depraved and dead in sin (Eph 2:1-3), he believes that true believers will be kept unto the end (Jn 10:27-30). I would love to see him get his masters through Reformed Theological Seminary's online program (MA/R). In fact, if I could get in a time machine, that is where I would have finished my masters degree at. However I think the very idea of my pastor signing up for Reformed Seminary's program, or the the wonderful Founder's program, is very remote and highly unlikely.