1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Four Beasts

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Brother Bob, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

What comparison, if any, do you make between the four beast in Daniel and the four beast in Revelation??

Daniel 7:
    3: And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
    4: The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
    5: And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
    6: After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.
    7: After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns

Rev 4:7 And the first beast [was] like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast [was] like a flying eagle.

BBob,

2. skypair

skypair Active Member

None. The first four are Satan's -- the latter four God's.

The first four are Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Greek, and Roman Empires. The latter four are the gospel authors Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (best thinking I've heard on this anyway).

Of course, the first four DO correspond to the four aspect of the beast in Rev 13. Indeed, three of their four "angels" (Rome was excepted because it lasted past the incarnation) were "put down" in the Euphrates but "their lives were prolonged for a season and a time," Dan 7:12 ---- which "season and time" will be the 6th trumpet, Rev 9:14-15. Then the full demonic force of all those empires combined will go out and slay 1/3 of earth's population!

skypair

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Do you believe the 4th beast in Daniel, to be continuing with the Pope and his followers?

Also, what writings do you have supporting Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as the 4 in Heaven?

One other question, how come it says there will be night in Heaven with the beasts, then it says there will be no night?

BBob,

4. skypair

skypair Active Member

Yes, I do, Bob. To me, Rev 17 happened already --- in Korazim, May 2000. Then it says that the beast will be "under" his religion at Rome until, Dan 9:27, he emerges as "peacemaker," Rev 6:2, for the EU and, 17:16, with his 10 cohorts/kings "flips" the church (Dr Rogers said "convert her doctrines, assets, and martyr her dissenters") into his own "political machine!" And that is basically what Rev 2:22-23 says as well.

I first read it from Larkin. I thinkk McGee and Rogers taught it as well. They "beasts" are actually characterizations of Christ -- Jews (like Matthew) knew Christ as the "Lion of Judah;" Mark addressed the Romans (perhaps the "golden calf"/Babylon people), Luke the Gentiles, and John believers (believers are like eagles, right?). But like Christ, they are represented by symbols because "The Revelation" is for Israel. The Revelation of Jesus on earth is to Israel of their LAMB, right? The "beasts" are also in "signs."

Well, as you can see symbolically, we're speaking of heavenly images of earthly equivalents. Israel is not going to "recognize" Mt, Mk, Lk, John, or Jesus until well into the trib, IMO. But in the world that succeeds Christ's kingdom (MK), in the "Glorified Earth," there will be no night anymore. Look at it this way, Bob -- OT was the "justification of earth," NT and MK are the "sanctification of earth" ("church of the firstborn," then Israel) New Heavens and New Earth are the "glorification of earth," or EVERYTHING!! Amen!!

skypair

#4 skypair, Mar 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2008
  5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

One problem I see, they were before God and His throne and worshipped Him day and night.

BBob,

6. skypair

skypair Active Member

Again, Bob, heavenly image of earthly events -- like the tabernacle, the altar, the "sea of glass," etc. No problem, Bob. :type:

skypair

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I had a visiting preacher say there would be night in heaven. As moderator, at the end, I said God would have to leave, for there to be darkness. Your thoughts?

BBob,

8. Outsider

Outsider New Member

What about the four living creatures in Ezekiel? Aren't they the four beasts in Revelations?

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It seems they represent the four kings of the beasts. In Ezekiel, it was earthly and in Rev. it was spiritual.

Here is one view:

The Lion is supreme among the beast,

the ox supreme among cattle,

the eagle supreme among birds and

the man supreme among all creatures.

It seems that even nature praises God.

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth His handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech and night unto night showeth knowledge" (Psalm 19:1,2).

"Bless the Lord all His works in all places of His dominion" (Psalm 103.22).

According to:

http://www.bibletopics.com/BIBLESTUDY/1.htm

I do not believe these and Daniel 7: connect at all.

BBob,

10. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't forget to think of the faces and the meaning (hint standards of tribes in the wilderness :)

11. Outsider

Outsider New Member

I do not either. What I said was what about the four living creatures in Ezekiel and the four beasts in revelations (4:7)?

Even in the site you linked, he went on to say:

Night and day the living creatures never rested from their doxology of praise:
    "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord, the Almighty, Who was, and Who is, and Who is to come."
    (Rev 4:8)

It seems this writer is saying the four living creatures in Ezekiel are the same in Revelations?

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I believe you missed this quote by me in my last post.

It seems they represent the four kings of the beasts. In Ezekiel, it was earthly and in Rev. it was spiritual.

BBob,

13. skypair

skypair Active Member

See, that's what I been saying. It's night and day on earth and these scenes are symbolizing earthly events.

Look at the 5th seal for instance. The souls that appear under the altar were not martyred in heaven but on the earth. The picture in heaven is of them giving their lives as sacrifices to God.

skypair