1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Four More Years of Obama or Eternal Life for an Unsaved Person?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Zaac, Jul 23, 2012.

1. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Christ is not directing Christians to partake in an evil principality. HE is Lord. Theocracy, not Democracy.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac's World, Part 1

Me: "Hello Sir, Could I interest you in a conversation about spiritual things? About Jesus and where you might go in the afterlife?"

Person: "I don't know.....did you vote for Romney?"

Me: "Yes, but only because I can't stand Obama."

Person: "You voted for a person that worships a false god, and you want to talk to me about Jesus? You're a hypocrite. Good-bye."

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Zaac's World, Part 2

IntheLight: "Hello Sir, Could I interest you in a conversation about spiritual things? About Jesus and where you might go in the afterlife?"

Person: You're one of those Christians who put that man in office who doesn't worship the God y'all say I need to save me. I don't want to hear anything about no Savior from any of y'all.

4. plain_n_simple

I dont think it would happen that quick in one conversation. What if it was a fellow worker?. Over time things like that would come out and hurt the integrity of the Christian trying to witness. Besides they would say that Obama is COC right?

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You offer no solutions, only state problems. A computer can do that. IMO, if you did nothing in the last four years to avoid the nomination of Romney, you are part of the problem.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

That is as senseless as the remark: If a bull frog had wings ......!

7. plain_n_simple

Back up a bit you'll see it. The solution is to stop putting your trust in the world.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

A large part of the problem here seems to be that like you said the other day we do nothing for three years, and then allow the media to dictate the candidate and then Christians just compromise and vote for that person because they are a certain party's nominee.

We apparently don't really care that the nominee isn't a follower of Jesus Christ. It's more important that he's not the OTHER party's nominee.

It's a sad day when Christians will take a moral stance against another candidate and then act like worshiping a false god is not a moral issue.

Like the Seven Churches of Revelation, we need to return to our first love because it doesn't look much today like the Body is following it's Head.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

No one begged you to reply.

20 years ago, I would have thought it senseless that Christians would even consider supporting a candidate who didn't support Christ. But looky looky where we are.

10. plain_n_simple

Ok I wont derail, lets say a guy is getting witnessed to, by a Christian that voted for Romney, and the guy knows it cause he sees the Christians bumper sticker. Would not the guy ask" isnt the president a Church of Christ member? Arnt they a lil closer than Mormons?

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I argued for months against Romney, and got called lots of names because of it. I went to a national convention to nominate a third party nominee, which did not turn out so well. Where were you during all of this time? What were you physically doing to avoid a Romney nomination? Quotes like "do not follow the world" do nothing to solve the problem. By the way, I do not follow the world, and certainly do not give that advice to others as an afterthought.

12. plain_n_simple

Sir, politics are the worlds, especially ours. A Democracy is about "ME", My rights. A Theocracy is about HIM. I am not saying change our politics, I'm saying the kingdom of God here on earth isn't using our system to further the gospel, its a flesh entity.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Then unless you are willing to get out and seek out the best candidate in our flawed state, you should stop expecting sinless nominees. Do not sit around and do nothing for four years then sit in your chair and criticize the final product.

This nation is not a theocracy. There are planes going to Saudia Arabia everyday.

14. plain_n_simple

I do not expect sinless candidates, I do not concern myself with man's system. I live in a Theocracy where Jesus is Lord, every Christian should instead of trying to convert a worldly thing. You think that a good Christian candidate will turn us around, that is Herods leaven friend, look it up
    IN the world not OF the world

15. OldRegular

That is correct but you saying so does not make your OP anything other than a ridiculous: What if?

I am not voting to call a pastor. If I were I would look for his qualifications to be a pastor.

I would remind you and everyone who thinks like you. In 1976 a lot of people voted for a "born again" Christian and he was a disaster ! Still is!

#75 OldRegular, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
  16. OldRegular

No! Look at the one who won in 1976, a disaster!

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You either do not read or cannot listen. There is no one in this thread that does not live in a theocracy in relation to Jesus. That is not the subject of this thread. This thread is in a section called politics run by sinful people just like we all are. The fact is that Romney is the nominee because the majority of Christians did just what you did about the situation, nothing, then sit around and talk about it after the fact.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And the same applies for every other thread. So like I said, no one begged you to reply. If you don't like the content of the thread, you feel free to leave the same way you came in.:flower:

So it shouldn't matter that the other candidate is pro-abortion and same-sex marriage since you aren't voting to call a pastor.

And I will remind you again, Christians voting for the born again Christian who was a disaster does not create a hypocritical stumbling block for those who are not in Christ.

Some of y'all are literally consumed by what these candidates can do for the economics of this country but don't seem to care at all what effect supporting them will have on people's eternity.

19. OldRegular

Folks,

We are not a Theocracy, we are not a democracy, we are supposed to be a Republic but we are not. We are borderline dictatorship with Barak Obama in the White House and wimps in Congress.

All elections are about choice. Some of you will sit and whine about Romney's religion. Fine do so! But what do you know about Obama? Next to nothing even after almost 4 years as little dictator.

If Obama is reelected because of people like you then you will have something else to whine about!

20. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

No offense intended, but that is one of the goofiest questions I've read on Baptist Board.