1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

France and germany boycotting our products.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Plain Old Bill, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Huh?

Popular American music and movies? I don't even buy them myself. And Nike shoes are so narrow that you can hardly get them on.

Now, America is the greatest nation ever, IMO. But for different reasons.

2. corinne

corinne New Member

Thank God for America, honestly. But you have to admit that our food and wines are the best 9not to mention our perfumes and fashion). So is our health system !!! LOL

Corinne

3. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Reference is CSNBC news article Monday night as I recall.If it had been on FOX I would have considered thier natural bias.MSNBC is considered liberal press here.
    Corrine all of your points are well taken.I do get pretty miffed at the French government not the French people. That started back with Charles DeGaul.By the way I don't by Nike anything , they took that company out of Oregon and moved it to Korea then to India or Pakistan .Funny Nike still overcharges for all thier goods.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

But still, POB, do you think 23 and 18 percetn are numbers to be worried about?

5. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Wow! Huge percentages of foreigners in the boycott!

23% and 18%!

Does that mean that 77% and 82% are NOT boycotting US goods?
    </font>[/QUOTE]C4K,

You ALWAYS see the positive!!!!! I love reading your posts. [​IMG]

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thanks LG - glad somebody enjoys them ;) ..

7. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thank God for America, honestly. But you have to admit that our food and wines are the best 9not to mention our perfumes and fashion). So is our health system !!! LOL

Corinne
    </font>[/QUOTE]Gee Corinne you must have never been to Australia, the greatest country in the world. [​IMG]

8. corinne

corinne New Member

Corinne
    </font>[/QUOTE]Gee Corinne you must have never been to Australia, the greatest country in the world. [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Australia sounds good, I must admit. I especially like the didgeridoo.

Corinne

9. Pennsylvania Jim

I'm a poor judge of wine as I've rarely had it. As for food (on which I am an authority ;) ) the prize goes, I think, to Germany. No offense to France, but for my taste they garnish it with too much extra stuff, and eat too little of it. But I've only been there once, and maybe got the "wrong stuff".

As to fashions, I have to agree with Daniel David (a rare occurence in itself).

As to the health care "system", the best system IMO is going to your doctor, getting treated, and paying him, with private insurance coverage for catastrophic illnesses. Governments and insurance companies becoming over-involved simply add cost and provide opportunities for people to skim money off without providing any useful function.

Having said all of that, I've nothing against France, I've known and dealt with some great people there.

10. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Isnt Target French owned?

Hey I love the didge too! I made one out of a piece of PVC pipe. Still trying to get the hang of that circular breathing.

If you are wondering what a didge is click here

11. Plain Old Bill

Well I do have to say the French make the best desserts IMHO. By the way I have been there several times.

12. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

So have you ever eaten Snails Bill? Maybe they might go pretty good on a plate of Ice Cream? [​IMG]

In all seriousness I would love to visit France at some stage, especially the countryside. What I have heard is that France is very heavily Catholic, yet a more liberal form of Catholic than what we have here.

In fact I nearly once bought a Peugot so there you go! [​IMG]

13. Pennsylvania Jim

Ben, I think you've pretty much reached the end of the line when you buy a Pugeot.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I LOVED my Peugeot 505! It was a "banger" as we say here - but I thought it was GREAT!!

15. Plain Old Bill

No snails. Say have you heard the s-car-go joke?

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Okay - I agree to boycott French snails.

17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Two of my daughters love to eat snails, but it's always been in a Chinese restaurant.
    I was brave enough to make the attempt once but gave up. I can't figure out how you're supposed to get them out of the shell. LOL My kids never had a problem, but I tried on and off for almost an hour and still couldn't get the technique down.
    That's my excuse and I'm stickin with it!
    Gina

18. Brian25jerzey

Brian25jerzey New Member

I dont blame them. Not that im anti war but if you bomb a country under false pretenses I can see how other countries would be upset.

Especially germany and france whos county have been devestated twice in this century.

19. Plain Old Bill

Let's see, Germany bombed France,after Germany attacked everybody in sight we helped bomb Germany.I see your point.