1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Franklin Graham

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 30, 2005.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Have you read any of his books? Did you like them?

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I haven't read any of his books, but I like him very much!

3. west

west New Member

I read two ."Rebel with a Cause "and the other one I think the name was "The Name of Jesus " I like him and his books .In the Rebel book his audobiography .He was really wild before he became a christian .I was surprised in some of the things that were in it .

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Makes one wonder about the job his dad did at raising children.

Trying not to throw STONES, just throw QUESTIONS. Now I know that being a great parent is no guarantee that kids will grow up right. But doesn't it occur to anyone to ask why the "greatest Christian of the 20th Century" would have a son that was reprobate?

Anyone else having unanswered questions about this whole deal?

5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I have heard stories about how Billy Graham's children were scared of him when he came home from his long trips on the road, he was a stranger to them. He was on the road so much that they essentially grew up without a father :(

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

One of Jesus followers (Judas) stood against Him. Does that make anyone wonder about Jesus?

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I read the first few chapters in Rebel and I don't get the impression he was afraid of his father.

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I went along to his crusade here in Adelaide and it was awesome!, A few weeks ago I ran into a chap at church and he told me that was where he gave his life to Jesus over 5 years ago now. So I have nothing but good to say for the man. I would add that his dad is an awesome man of God also.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Ben, a dear pen pal from India and his wife and little girl just arrived in Adelaide for a Fellowship in Medical Oncology (Cancer) at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide. They've rented a house near the hospital.

'Sunny' came to visit us just before Christmas a few years ago, before he married. His name is Dr. Rohit Joshi. Sunny is about 32 now???

10. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Ok what did I miss? Franklin Graham a reprobate? :confused:

11. Bugman

Bugman New Member

I once heard a preacher talk about how sometime fathers get so wrapped up in thier ministry that they forget their first job is to their families. He used the example of Tozer and Billy Sunday. Apparently both of their children had issues (don't remember the exact nature of them).

Anyways I don't care much for Billy Graham's way of doing things and his son has followe him right along in that. I have a copy of "The Name". It had some good parts, some not so good parts and some self-promotion in it. Not a bad book, but not a great book.

Bryan
    SDG

12. Stephen Mills

Stephen Mills New Member

What did Billy ever do to you?

13. Bugman

Bugman New Member

Continue to popularize the use of emotion in an attempt to convert a person.

But I don't think we need another thread on that topic.

Bryan
    SDG