1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fred Thompson!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Nov 18, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was very impressed with Fred Thompson's interview on ABC's "This Week" program today. In my opinion, other than Ron Paul(of course) it is clear that Fred Thompson is the class of the GOP field of presidential candidates.

I have kept the door open to possibly supporting Fred Thompson in the general election next year if he were to win the GOP presidential nomination. The door is now open wider.

If you didn't get to watch it perhaps it will show up on YouTube in the near future.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Video clips are available HERE.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'll have to watch this when I get time. What do you think of Thompson's proposal to reform SS?

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just saw on the News that Fred did not score in the latest poll for New Hampshire

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

My plan is to stop leeting them use the money for other purposes. If they say they are collecting the tax for X then it should only be used for X or returned to the tax payers.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

That's the problem with a tax. It can be used for whatever govt whim happens to tickle their fancy. Which is why I support an overhaul or elimination, such as what Thompson, et.al., have supported.

9. leesw

leesw Member

I say that the government not get to raise taxes for programs or any reason. That the tax rate stay where it is or go lower but that they have to work within the budget they have instead of digging into our pockets to fund their pet projects!!!

The plans of any president should not result in my taxes being raised. Just like how I have to operate my household, if they want to do something extra, they need to find a way to go out and earn the money or cut spending on other items to afford it. I don't have the option of making others pay for it and NEITHER should the government.

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

But the way the govt earns money is to tax you and me...so they believe.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist