1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free Baptist web pages?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Ms.Lumi, May 19, 2003.

1. Ms.Lumi

Ms.Lumi New Member

Does anyone know of any free baptist web page sites? Been searching for hours and haven't found any that are free.

Ms.Lumi

2. Andrey

Andrey New Member

Why do you need free?

I used to host my website for free with GeoCities, then I realized that if I was unwilling to put money into my ministry, there was no reason to expect people to put their time into reading it.

One reason why my website is doing so well with the search engines, is that they take me seriously. I have been there for over 4 years, and I have been paying every month to be there.

It's a sign of commitment to my message and to my beliefs and to my God.

<><

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ms. Lumi, please feel free to e-mail or private message me.

4. JourneytoEndure

JourneytoEndure New Member

I won't question free but Why Baptist(no offense)? I'm sure the ads are going to be christian in general even in a baptist website? There are a few good free "Christian" ones like Homewithgod.com and Arks Web and some others that I can't remember. Most of them have banners though but at least their mostly christian. Homewithgod.com charges 18 dollars to remove banners for a year and that's not bad.
    I heard of one called pjlhosting.com which only asks for 50 dollars for hosting a year to christian sites but that's good if you have a domain.
    http://tcwm.com/ offers 5mb at $10.00 a year!

There are a few people (normal company) who will give you free hosting service of 5mb web space or so if you register a domain.(Hard to find but their out there.) like www.registerfly.com

[ May 20, 2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: JourneytoEndure ]

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some Baptists believe in separatism, meaning that they don't fellowship with those that believe differently than they do.

For instance, it's hard to properly fellowship with someone who believes baptism is necessary for salvation if you don't believe baptism is necessary for salvation.

Ms. Lumi identified herself as an independent fundamental Baptist in her profile, and I believe this explanation fits her.

Which is why I asked her to e-mail or private message me, because that's how I believe as well.

6. JourneytoEndure

JourneytoEndure New Member

Wow.. ok.. I have mixed feeling on separatism but I understand. Don, It's nice to have a friendly person helping out in some way which I assume you are doing with Ms.Lumi and have done with others here. [​IMG]

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I try--but I have my times when I'm probably more sharp-tongued than I should be.

Guess it's the flesh warring with the spirit.... [​IMG]