1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free CD offer

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by MikeS, Jun 29, 2003.

1. MikeS

MikeS New Member

I've been burning pre-production CDs of our choir's new recording of Lenten Music of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, and I've promised a couple of people here on the board a copy, so I thought I'd just go ahead and make the offer to everybody. No charge, no gimicks, no spam or junk mail, no S&H, no catch, no etc, etc. Just sharing some Christian music!

All you'll get is:
    Lenten Music of the Middle Ages and Renaissance
    by Voci del Tesoro

Vexilla Regis (chant)
    Miserere (Lotti)
    Miserere (di Lasso)
    Adoremus Te Christe (di Lasso)
    Salvator Mundi (Palestrina)
    In Manus Tuas (Sheppard)
    Santa Maria (Alfonso X "el Sabio")
    Salve Crux sancta (chant)
    Parce Domine (chant)
    Parce Domine (Obrecht)
    Stella Splendens (Llibre Vermell)
    O Frondens Virga (Hildegard of Bingen)
    Ad Mortem Festinamus (Llibre Vermell)

Just email me if you'd like a copy (my email address is in my profile -- click the "profile" button above the message).

(Unlike the production CDs these won't have a booklet with translations, but I imagine they're all on the 'net somewhere. Look up the last piece and see how they stared the Black Death in the eye!)

2. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Wow. I'd love to learn more about the middle ages and the music. Thanks for the offer MikeS

3. MikeS

MikeS New Member

Hi Brother Adam,

I've been getting my own running education as my wife (she's the choir director; I'm just the help) keeps coming up with music I've never even imagined existed! On this CD besides the "usual" (but still hauntingly beautiful) Gregorian chant and polyphony, are some pieces from the Llibre Vermell (Red Book), which are songs written for pilgrims' entertainment on their journeys. Very exuberant stuff! And the piece by Hildegard of Bingen is truly other-worldly, as befits the mystic she was.

Just pop me your address and I'll get one off to you.