1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free Logos Books 2016

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Deacon, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FaithLife, producers of Logos Bible Software provides some of the best resources for Bible study available.

They are the top of the line for digital Bible Software.

To promote their product they offer free books on a regular basis.

With patience, diligence and discipline, for no cost, you can develop a sizable digital library of quality.

As you build your library you may want to check out the extra features offered by purchasing an upgrade.

To start, you will be required to open a Logos account [LINK].

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be sure to add the Lexham Introductory Collection [LINK] containing the Lexham English Bible (LEB) with Audio New Testament, Faithlife Study Bible, Lexham Bible Dictionary, The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition, and Connect the Testaments: A One-Year Daily Devotional with Bible Reading Plan.

And don't forget, collecting books does you no good unless you read them!

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for posting this

• Like Like x 1
  5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was talking with my mother yesterday and she mentioned a local Christian school had banned the students from reading Huckleberry Finn. She was surprised when I said, "Good ". Most kid would never read the book if it was assigned, however now that it's banned, they will be sure to read the whole thing, cover to cover!

Well, the Free Noet Classics book is not Huckleberry Finn, but it was a banned book in ages past, and well worth reading.

Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon, better known as Maimonides (b~1135 to 1204) was a medieval Sephardic Jewish philosopher and astronomer and one of the most prolific and influential Torah scholars and physicians of the Middle Ages. He lived in a time when Islam and Judaism coexisted and holds a prominent position in the history of Islamic and Arab sciences.

#5 Deacon, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This month's Noet Classic Free Book is The Guide for the Perplexed [LINK] where Maimonides, among other topics, confronts common Jewish misconceptions about G_d.

[I don't know why but the BaptistBoard will not let me post a complete paragraph]

Rob

#6 Deacon, Jan 1, 2016
  7. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like a theme this month:
    The Logos Freebie for January is:

The JPS Torah Commentary on Exodus [LINK]
    by Nahum M. Sarna (1991)

This is the fourth volume in the acclaimed Jewish Publication Society Torah Commentary series. This new work presents the traditional Masoretic Hebrew text and the new JPS English translation, along with a masterful commentary by eminent scholar Sarna.

8. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

I tried to get the software, but it didn't like my computer. I have one of the other ones already, so I will just stick with that one. Thanks for the link, I would have liked to have seen the differences in the programs. Frown

9. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry to hear about your computer problems.
    You might try calling the service line for help.
    And you can still collect the books in your account for a later time when you can run the program.

Also recognize that the basic Logos 6 program will not be a Bible program, rather it will function as a library - you would need to purchase one of their Base Packages to avail yourself to that.

Rob

#9 Deacon, Jan 1, 2016
  10. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

I probably just need to update something in Windows. Cautious

I do have the other program I mentioned, and I have been happy with it, although it might be one of those "ignorance is bliss" deals. Unsure

11. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Get the first volume of Abraham Kuyper's Common Grace for free [LINK].

Use Coupon Code: KUYPERGRACE

Abraham Kuyper was instrumental in the development of Neocalvinism, and is remembered for his articulation of common grace and for popularizing the notion of a Reformed worldview. He has influenced such notable figures as Francis Schaeffer, Cornelius Van Til, Alvin Plantinga, Nicholas Wolterstorff, and Chuck Colson.

12. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's Your Call [Vyrso LINK] . . . [KINDLE]
    by Gary Barkalow (2010)
    “Calling carries loads of misconceptions these days. Too often it is considered unique to the super-spiritual or synonymous with a lifelong carpet ride of ease and success. Barkalow gives apt treatment to these concepts; however, he also approaches calling from a far less peripheral sense—and one that is far more remarkable"

13. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Limited time Freebie

The Heart of a Leader [Vyrso LINK] . . . [KINDLE]
    by Ken Blanchard

Arranged with your busy schedule in mind, this book offers you Blanchard's most important concepts in an accessible format. You can reach for instant motivation and insight on a daily basis or soak it up in one reading. Powerfully challenging and deeply inspiring, The Heart of a Leader will enable you to develop the courageous heart of a true leader, master key attitudes and actions to impact lives around you, and enjoy the profound wisdom that only Ken Blanchard can deliver.

14. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found something new!
    Faithlife Free Book Group [LINK]
    Get a free book each month, just by following the Faithlife group!
    By following and remaining in the group, you will receive a temporary license for a free book each month. At the end of the month, the resource will be permanently unlocked to your account. To access your free book, open your desktop software and type, "Update now" in your command line. Your resource will automatically download.

This month's free Faithlife book is:
    New International Commentary: The Epistles of James and John
    by Alexander Ross (1954)

#14 Deacon, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  15. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another short-term free Vyrso and Kindle classic

Abiding in Christ [Vyrso] . . . [KINDLE]
    by Andrew Murray

Using Jesus' words in John 15, "I am the vine; you are the branches," Andrew Murray explores how the believer abides in Christ. In a message as timely today as when first published in 1895, he urges readers to yield themselves to Jesus, in order that they may know the "rich and full experience of the blessedness of abiding in Christ."

16. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Short time freebies

Creative Teaching Methods: Be An Effective Christian Teacher [VYRSO] . . . [KINDLE]
    by Marlene LaFever (1997)
    Creative Teaching Methods is not just another book on the theory of creativity. Rather, it is a book on the practice of creativity in the classroom. This is a book you will use over and over again.Creative Teaching Methods is loaded with practical and usable ideas that will make creative teaching a reality in your classroom. Without hesitation, I would recommend this book to anyone who teaches young people or adults.

How to Really Love Your Teen [VYRSO] . . . [KINDLE]
    by David Campbell and Ross Campbell (2015)

It's one of the most common parenting scenarios—parent and child are developing nicely, when the child crosses that mysterious threshold into the "teenager zone." Suddenly, the parents feel unable to fully relate to their teen—and the teen responds to the parents' uneasiness. In this best-selling book, Dr. Campbell helps parents understanding the delicate dance between parents and their emerging teenagers. Learn how to create a solid, balanced approach for relating to your teen, how to communicate unconditional love, how to handle teenage anger, as well as your own, and how to help your teenager grow spiritually and intellectually.

17. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Short term Freebie

CrossTalk: Where Life & Scripture Meet [VYRSO] . . . [Kindle]
    by MIchael R. Emlet (2009)

Your friend just left his wife. You catch your child posting something inappropriate on the Internet. Someone in your small group is depressed. A relative was just diagnosed with an incurable disease.

When those you know and love experience trouble, you don't want to hand out pat answers or religious platitudes. Instead, you want to offer real hope and help from God's Word. You know it's true, but how does an ancient book, written thousands of years ago, connect with our twenty-first century problems?

In CrossTalk: Where Life and Scripture Meet, Michael R. Emlet gives you the tools to connect the Bible to your life and to the lives of your family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers. You will learn to understand people and God's Word in ways that promote gospel-centered, rich conversations that help you and those you know grow in love for God and others. This book will make the whole Bible come alive to you. Instead of platitudes, you can offer a cup of living water to those who are struggling in this broken world.

18. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Free books by completing literary a tour of the world

Take Flight [LINK]
    Explore little-known chapters of the Christian story from destinations around the globe.

Follow the directions, don't get lost.

19. jeremy81

jeremy81 New Member

This is something I will definitely look into. Thank you for the links. Truly appreciate them. Is this the same Logos as the biggest floating bookstore? {I mean, are they of the same company?} I just recalled a boat called Logos Hope docked at our city sometime last year and they carry with them tons of books for sale at discounted prices.

20. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Logos Bible Software is a for-profit software company not associated with Logos Hope, a charity organization.

Rob