1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Free offer of the Gospel?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by MorseOp, Oct 19, 2012.

1. MorseOp

MorseOp New Member

The Ephesians 2 passage shows God making the sinner alive while yet dead in his trespasses and sins. While there is no positive statement eliminating a argument charge of obscurity, there is a strong emphasis on God's unilateral action. Given the strong case made in 1 Corinthians 2 and Ephesians 10 for man's spiritual inability, there is a compelling argument for God granting faith before it is exercised.

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone is saved while still in there sins. It's just that after this happens we are no longer in our sins.
    Paul wrote;
    Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
    Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

You see we wait to be justified by the faith of Christ. This is when grace is bestowed on us and clearly we already believe because as it says in verse 16 that even we believe in Jesus Christ that we might be justified by the faith of Christ. Proof positive that we must believe before we are justified.

While there is no positive statement eliminating a argument charge of obscurity, there is a strong emphasis on God's unilateral action. Given the strong case made in 1 Corinthians 2 and Ephesians 10 for man's spiritual inability, there is a compelling argument for God granting faith before it is exercised.[/QUOTE]

There is none because there is no such thing said in either passage when taken at face value the rest I'm afraid is just an over worked imagination and wishful thinking on the obvious part of Calvinism or Augustinianism.

There simply can be no grace with out faith. Eph2:8 states grace comes through faith. It's the same for everyone who heeds the drawing to Christ.
    Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

How many will He draw? Scripture states all men.
    MB

3. MorseOp

MorseOp New Member

There is none because there is no such thing said in either passage when taken at face value the rest I'm afraid is just an over worked imagination and wishful thinking on the obvious part of Calvinism or Augustinianism.

There simply can be no grace with out faith. Eph2:8 states grace comes through faith. It's the same for everyone who heeds the drawing to Christ.
    Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

How many will He draw? Scripture states all men.
    MB[/QUOTE]

We will just have to agree to disagree. Point and counter-point made.