1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free Scholarly Articles

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by kathleenmariekg, Dec 11, 2020.

1. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure if anyone already linked me to this site, and I was still too early in my studies to understand it. But I know what it is now. There are a lot of articles here that do not pass the test for the 10 year criteria, but they are scholarly articles. I had no trouble finding what I need for my assignment.

Introductory video
    Making Biblical Scholarship Accessible Since 2001

Startpage for all the subsites: archeology, Bible, theology, missions, and more.
    Theology on the Web: Biblical Studies Website

#1 kathleenmariekg, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frankly, the so-called "10-year" criterion is nonsense. Plenty of contemporary scholarly publications regularly cite articles and sources that are many decades old; and if so, there is no reason that you in a term paper should be restricted in a manner that those published scholars are not.

The 10-year rule seems to be devised by some modern Athenian, who only wants to hear "some new thing." Who came up with that rule in the first place?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most really good theology is 100+ yrs old

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would expect a ~1900 year span to have produced more good theology than a 100 year span.
    :Biggrin

• Like Like x 3
  5. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The training videos that I am watching are instructing their students to use their library and conform to their school's standards. I am not the intended audience of those videos: I don't have the same access to resources, and it is not always appropriate for me to conform to their standards. It helps so much to be able to come here and get a wider perspective on what I hear in the videos.

I want to be able to practice all the basics of what it practiced on a campus. I am gradually finding resources that will allow me to hone the skills that can later be tweaked to a slightly different set of standards. The above website is a critical addition to the other sources I have been finding. I am narrowing in on this!