1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured FREE WILL and PREDESTINATION

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Trying2DoRight, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

This view is easily proved error by the words of Jesus himself;

Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

This was spoken of the disciples before they received the Holy Spirit and therefore speaks of man's natural spirit he is born with. Jesus said his disciples were indeed willing to obey him in their spirits, but their flesh was weak and caused them to fall asleep.

Nevertheless, this scripture proves man can be willing to obey God.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a crock of dung, Willis said NOTHING even vaguely close to what you're grossly misrepresenting him as saying.

What's shallow here is your comprehension of the concept of the law being written upon the hearts of His children whereby they then do by nature the things of the law.

#23 kyredneck, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
  4. Trying2DoRight

Trying2DoRight New Member

Not true. God's will, like ours is also predetermined by something else! For example. God cannot lie! That is predestined.

5. Trying2DoRight

This is predestined!

6. Trying2DoRight

This is predestination! What is there to explain?

7. Trying2DoRight

And our will is always predetermined by something else other than us!

8. Trying2DoRight

9. Trying2DoRight

This is predestination.

10. Trying2DoRight

Until you can give me 1 example of anything you can do or not do that is not predetermined by something else...

All your arguments are flawed!

Because you have no will to do anything you want to do or do not want to do, without it already being predetermined by something else!

And that is PREDESTINATION!

#30 Trying2DoRight, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
  11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea! All yalls arguments are flawed! So that means you all are wrong and he/she is right. :laugh:

12. Trying2DoRight

Thank you for your feedback! Let's take you as an experiment to prove my point. Now weather or not you keep posting on this thread or cease from posting on this thread is not up to your own will. It is determined by something else other than your own will!

13. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was predestined that predestination is predestined. And a discussion of predestination was predestined, as was the predestined definition of predestination was predestined. And predestined predestination was predestined as a part of predestination

I think that about sums up the original poster's predestined thoughts on predestination

Gobbledygook

14. Jacob_Elliott

Jacob_Elliott New Member

Could you please define free-will? Several members of this forum hold to different definitions.

15. Jacob_Elliott

Jacob_Elliott New Member

If your definition of free will is a choice made without any influence then there is no such thing, as you said even if you don't believe God influences will, one must admit that sin, culture and many other things will influence your "will".

16. Trying2DoRight

I do not believe there is such a thing as free will, so to me there is no definition. You will have to ask someone who believes they have a free will!

17. Trying2DoRight

I have no definition of a free will because to me it does not exist! I just use the term when discussing it with those who do believe in it. Just like to me the definition atheist does not exist...because God does exist! I just use the term when talking to those who believe that God does not exist!

18. Jacob_Elliott

Jacob_Elliott New Member

:thumbs: I suppose we are in agreement then.

19. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What a video that would be - -- watch him kicking and screaming as he is forced to type on the keyboard against his will.

Or.. is that not what you were talking about??

20. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Apparently God has predestined that I expose the flaw in your argument by pointing to the "whosoever will" statements like those in Rev 22 and elsewhere.

[FONT=&quot]Rev 22[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]17 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]John 1:9 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]10He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]11 [He [/FONT][FONT=&quot]came to His ow[/FONT][FONT=&quot]n[/FONT][FONT=&quot], and those who were [/FONT][FONT=&quot]His own did not receive Him. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]John 3 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]For God so loved the World that he gave his only begotten son - that [/FONT][FONT=&quot]whoever believes in Him[/FONT][FONT=&quot] should not perish[/FONT][FONT=&quot]".

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Rev 3 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I will come in[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jonah 2:8 NIV[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 8 "Those who cling to worthless idols
    forfeit the grace that could be theirs.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Luke 7 – [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]30[/FONT][FONT=&quot] But the Pharisees and the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]lawyers rejected God's purpose for themselves[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]not having been baptized by John.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Matt 7 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]37 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! [/FONT][FONT=&quot]How often I wanted[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and you were unwilling[/FONT][FONT=&quot].
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    ===========================================[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]So then that is not me doing it - I myself would just as soon be Calvinist - but apparently I was predestined by God to remain Arminian, post those texts and expose the flaws in Calivnism instead of doing what I freely will to do.

oh well... I think we have a point of agreement - I did that because that is what God wanted me to do.

in Christ,

Bob
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.