1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Freemasons and the Baptist church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mets65, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I don't know how accurate his information is, but Dan Brown does a rathar chilling portrayal of the Masonic Order in his novel "The Lost Symbol."

2. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

I don't need the DVD or any other book published on the subject. When I want to know something about the Masons, I ask one. Simple as that. Would these people be honest with me, yes they would, they are my family. And I have been made privy to information I cannot repeat because I gave my word I wouldn't just so this family member would tell me what I wanted to know.

If I want to know something from the horses mouth, I go to the horse, not the farmer or the farmers second cousins former room mates sister in law.

3. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "And I have been made privy to information I cannot repeat because I gave my word I wouldn't just so this family member would tell me what I wanted to know".
    Whammo!!!! You had to give your word you wouldn't repeat their secrets? Doesn't this seem a bit strange to you? They swore an oath to keep secret their secrets but shared them with you? As one has to ask to join, as they don't outright solicit membership perhaps you've being subliminally encourage to join up.

While in the military I had a "Secret Clearance" as I worked in close proximity to Air Force One. Go shooting your mouth off about Air Force One and see what happens. This of course is due to ensure the safety of the President but you don't go around talking about it.

Lodge Members consider themselves followers of the Master Builder. God. Why should this be kept secret? During their ceremonies they execute their rituals facing the East. The average lodge member in our communities are nice people and help raise money for the Shriners Hospital but beyond the local involvement I believe their organization to be very sinister.

Like you, I have talked with those who have lost interest in the organization and much has been printed about them.

If something is secret..., you best beware. True followers and believers of the Lord Jesus should let their light shine.

4. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

Its their club, they don't have to tell you anything.

Before someone buys an iphone, do they contact Apple and demand the full tech specs and source code to the operating system? If you did, they would tell you to shove it.

"During their ceremonies they execute their rituals facing the East."
    Because of the location, east is towards Jerusalem, ie , the Temple. Read the OT more. All geography is temple centric. On a Cartesian coordinate plane, the Temple is 0,0. The symbolic meaning has to do with an association with building the temple, you know stone masons and all.

"They swore an oath to keep secret their secrets but shared them with you?"
    Well he is my father. And I expressed many concerns about the religious aspect of Freemasonry. He told me about many things just because I kept hounding him.

#24 Tater77, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
  5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

it is more then a club, it is a club by proclamation and a cult in practice. Here are some of the things they do . They call the head guy of the lodge "worshipful master" and he has an elevated chair set to the east wall with a man set on his left and right (picture of trinity) Every lodge must be opened in prayer and many lodges have an ordained minister who is a member who does this and this man sets on his left. The other man setting on his right is the head deacon who is over all rituals.
    They have three candles burning in the lodge and they represent the sun, the moon, and the lodge. In the center of the lodge they have an alter and it must be in the exact center of that lodge in the US. Resting on top of the alter is the bible, the square, and the compass.
    On the south wall the junior warden sets with one chair on his left and one on his right which sets the junior and senior stewards.
    On the west wall is the chair of the junior deacon. there is much more get the video.
    Also in their ritual they say that the candidate for membership is poor and blind and coming to be brought to the light. (not the light that Jesus gives but the light that the lodge gives) blasphemy!
    They kill the man in there ritual and raise him from the dead and much more. Get the video.
    In a mason funeral they say that the man is in heaven because he was a mason and followed all the beliefs.(Works salvation) again blasphemy! I am paraphrasing.
    This is a cult of the highest order denying the work of Christ (not in words, but practice) as the one who gives light by saying that the lodge gives the light denying the truth of the gospel is blasphemy. They need to be exposed. Any Christian who is a member should be booted from the church.
    get the video.

#25 freeatlast, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
  6. cemab4y

cemab4y New Member

Freemasonry and reality

I noticed that there are no Masons participating in this discussion. Now there is. If you are interested in the truth about Freemasonry please see:

http://www.masonicinfo.com

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently the Masons keep many things secret. Do they have the right to? Yes.

But if I were to join, I would want to have a lot of infomation - probally more than they would be willing to give.

If somone would want to join our church, I would have no problem giving them virtually any info they wanted. Well, if they wanted to know how much Joe Jones put in the offering - thats one thing - but for the most part, I think we should be an open book.

Therefore if the Masons are a closed book ...

8. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

If I want to know something from the horses mouth, I go to the horse, not the farmer or the farmers second cousins former room mates sister in law.[/QUOTE]

I was a 32 Degree Mason for years and the longer I remained one the more I found it not to be compatable with my spiritual convictions. The one thing that kept running through mymind was a line in the 18th degree or the Rose Croix Scottish Rite was "We do not assert that in the begenning He was the Word and was with God and was God, (referring to Jesus Christ)and as little do we deny it That is a question to be settled elsewhere." I do assert the He is God.
    I had my name expunged from all Masonic records.
    Keep in mind that the majority of Masons only advance to the 3rd Degree and remain ignorant to the dogma taught by the likes of Albert Pike. I could not in good faith remain a Mason and claim to be follower of Christ.
    I can speak for no one other then myself.I have a number of good me in my church who are Free Masons.

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I wouldn't give you $0.02 for the best mason they've ever produced!!!!

:flower:

10. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Same here.

Working for one now, remodeling his home to sell, he is dying. He's as high up as he can go as a mason (he qualified that with some conditions but I can't remember what it is). He's also a shriner. A shriner must be a mason, but not all masons are shriners he tells me.

He tells me masons are OT in a sense, that the Bible is filled with errors and contradictions, and that every single one of us are headed to the same place, muslims, catholics, you name it...and the bible is only a guide.

He's lived, according to him a good moral life, yet, his son later told me he's been scared to die his entire life, has a huge fear of death.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My step-father was of a southern "masonic family" and when he was incarcerated the masons helped our family considerably with food, clothing and assistance.
    I was a young teenager at the time.

I never gave it a second thought until after I was saved during my tour in the military and was disappointed concerning the evil spoken of them.
    Though I had never had a desire to join them though I understand I would have been given special consideration being the son of a mason (yes even though a step son).

I did my own research and it almost became an obsession with me.

It does seem that there is a definite conflict between the real tenets of free masonry and biblical Christianity.

Why bother anyway if you are saved?

What more do you need if the Spirit of Christ lives in you?
    What can the lodge give you that Christ cannot?

HankD

#31 HankD, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    freemasonry claims to have secret revelation knowledge handed down to them from God...

they see themselves as offering salvation to those who practice mason rites/practices, that earn them a place after death inthe 'Celestial Lodge"...

They hold that one can worship any God, or honor all religious books equally valid, as to them same God, and they see masons as being "brothers", same way Christians view each other!

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and they definitely have an abundance of beneficial good works both to those within as without the lodge and as a child I admired them.

My stepfather, though a very imperfect man, practiced their doctrine as best he could.

However:
    The only remedy for sin is the blood of Christ and His gospel.
    The only fellowship we need is with the Father and His children.
    The only doctrine we need is the Word of God.

1 Timothy 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.​

Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.​

HankD