1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

freewill baptist

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by chris_price, May 24, 2005.

1. chris_price

chris_price New Member

Would you accept a free will baptism or would you consider this to be a alien baptism?

I know that they teach that you can lose your salvation, practice open communion, foot washing and annoiting with oil.

2. GrammyR

GrammyR New Member

I feel that I must reply to this message. I was raised Southern Baptist; however, through the Lord's leading, I ended up in a Freewill Baptist Church. I have been there 27 yrs. There are many misconceptions concerning the denomination. As in all, there are difference and distinctives. First of all, we do not teach that one can lose his salvation. We believe in the security of the believer, but based on Heb. 6 teach that there could be a possiblity (not a probablity) that one could reject it. It is almost a nonissue in our church. As for open communion, foot washing, I'm not sure how that makes one a "alien." If we are all believers, we should be able to partake of communion together. As for foot washing, it is rarely done in our church, but Jesus did it. Although I don't necessarily believe that is is an ordinance, I think it is a humbling experience and no believer should be "above" practicing a little humility. Not sure about the anointing with oil as it has never been done in our church, but there again, there is scripture to support that. All of the above mentioned things are certainly distinctives, but as far as the fundamentals of the faith, we are on the same page as you. I take offense at being considered an "alien."

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Absolultley I would accept it! I have no problem with any of their teaching and would happily reccomend them as an on fire Spirit filled Church, and I mean the Freewill, not the PFWB, who I also think are pretty good! [​IMG]