1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

This is why I believe this is True !

2 Thess 2:1-4

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Isa 14:13-14

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Man's own freewill by far is the most believed and popular religious conviction throughout the whole world. Rev 13:1;5-8

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It's adherents are linked to all the various denominations, and sects, yes, even the non religious adhere to man's freewill.

So John writes Rev 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

That is all follow this deadly concept or philosophy of man's freewill !

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Let me get this straight. You are attempting to establish that those who hold to some semblance of "free will" in man and his relationship to God are "blaphemers"? Is this really where you want to go, to make such an accusation?

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Well I am giving you what I believe and why. Can you point out anything not established by scripture what I have presented ?

4. quantumfaith

No sir, you are the one who needs to be explicitly clear with your citation of Thessalonians and Isaiah and how that relates to someone believing they have some sense of free will. You are the one leveling the charge of blasphemy against a great number of people even here on BB.

5. quantumfaith

It might be helpful, just so we are not talking "around" one another, you define very clearly your concept of "free will religion".

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Much of Christian denominational theology makes God into a nut case that is beyond understanding, some are saved by "believing in" drivel which no sane person could rationalize.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it to be a very provocative as well as thought provoking commentary.:thumbsup:

Its already sparked controversy.....Remember, baptistic liberty :smilewinkgrin:

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

quan:

No sir, you are the one who needs to be explicitly clear with your citation of
    Thats what I am doing, that is the meaning of the thread. Now can you refute so far what has been presented ? You doing all this talking and not producing, I have already begun with my reasons for what I believe to be True.

9. quantumfaith

And again I state, emphatically, you are attempting to be a provocateur by your allegation that "free will" theology (still you have not defined) vaults itself above God.

10. quantumfaith

From Wikepedia

n 2 Thessalonians 2:3-10, the "Man of Sin" is described as one who will be revealed before the Day of the Lord comes. The Codices Sinaiticus and Vaticanus have the reading, "Man of Lawlessness," and Metzger argues this is the original reading.[1] Codices such as Alexandrinus, Boernerianus and Claromontanus have "Man of Sin".
    This Man of Sin "will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God," and "set himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God" (verse 4). Something is said to be "holding him back" (verse 6), though that will be "taken out of the way" (verse 7). A "lawless one" will be revealed (verse 8), whom Jesus will destroy "by the splendor of his coming."
    The Man of Sin is also described in verse 3 as the Son of Perdition (translated in the NIV as "the man doomed to destruction"). This phrase is used of Judas Iscariot in John 17:12.

Please explain how you jump to those who hold to "free will" theology are addressed in this passage.

11. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I think I've got this figured out. You make a few statements about freewill, add a handful of verses that have nothing to do with your statement, repeatedly bold the word blaspheme for emphasis and the ask for refutation. You haven't...ummm... said anything yet.

Title of the OP: Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

I guess this is your thesis. Quantumfaith asked you for your definition of freewill religion. You might want to add Man of Sin to that. Are you equating freewill with the Antichrist?

What does the coming of the Antichrist and the fall of Satan have to do with freewill - or the so-called freewill religion?

How does a seven headed, ten horned beast substantiate your claim that freewill is the most popular conviction?

The mark by freewill? I don't get it.

12. quantumfaith

Thank you for helping to bring clarity.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

savedbymercy:
    Was it God, Satan, or you, that chose what you had for breakfast today?
    What did you have for lunch or dinner?
    Where did you go to church, or did you?
    Have you had any coffee today? Who made the decision?

Who was it that forced you into making those decisions?
    God or Satan?
    You don't believe in free will. I suppose your every action is of Satan because God didn't force you to make those decisions. You are left with only one other option--the OP, that which you assert to be true.

14. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

Who is it that forces you to do the evil you do?

Do you willingly sin?

or

Are you forced to against your will to sin?

Tell us...

Mr. DHK

I WANT TO HEAR DIRECTLY FROM YOU MR DHK YOUR ANSWER TO THIS.

Not these others.

15. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

Where did thinking Bob go?:tonofbricks:

16. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

He must be hanging out over at the other web site.:thumbsup:

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

God created man in his own image and likeness with an ability to choose between good and evil. Man is responsible in this life for the choices he makes.

Jesus said:
    But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. (Matthew 12:36-37)

Please be careful what you say on this board. You say it of your own free will. And some day those words may come back to condemn you.

18. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

I did not ask you what God said

I did not ask you what Jesus said.

AND I DID NOT ASK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE.

I ASKED YOU ;

Who is it that forces you to do the evil you do?

Do you willingly sin?

or

Are you forced to against your will to sin?

Tell us...

Mr. DHK

I WANT TO HEAR DIRECTLY FROM YOU MR DHK YOUR ANSWER TO THIS.

JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION TO THE POINT AND WITH OUT ALL THOSE IDLE WORDS.

THANK YOU.

19. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

Where I came from this is called getting knocked out.

You got knocked out.

by the Mustard seed.

Now you know why they call me the

Lord's Champion.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The question was answered. The words were not idle. They were carefully chosen. Be careful what you say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.