1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Friday or Wednesday? Thursday?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 37818, Mar 18, 2023.

?
  1. Friday 30A.D. Nisan 14, Resurrection on Sunday Nisan 16

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Friday 30 A.D. Nisan 15, Resurrection on Sunday Nisan 17

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Friday 33A.D. Nisan 14, Resurrection on Sunday Nisan 16

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Friday nn A.D. Nisan nn. Resurrection on S _____ Nisan nn

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Wednesday 30A.D. Nisan 14 Resurrection on Saturday 17

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Thursday 30 A.D. Nisan 15, Resurrection on Sunday Nisan 18

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. FRIDAY

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  8. THURSDAY

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  9. WEDNESDAY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. That is why only certain years can even be possible. 14th of Nisan on Wednesday 30 A.D., on a Friday in 33 A.D. And since the crucifixion must take place the day following the 14th per Mark 14:12-17 only 30 A.D. can be possible. With other reasons.

2. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lk 21:37 And in the day time he was teaching in the temple; and at night he went out, and abode in the mount that is called the mount of Olives.
    38 And all the people came early in the morning to him in the temple, for to hear him.

Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.
    12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

This (the next day) would be day 1 - Sunday, after 6 AM

Mark 11 - Same day as John's next day = Sunday
    8 And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed them in the way.
    9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord:
    10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.
    11 And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve.

Mark 11 - 12 On the morrow = Monday after 6 AM

12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
    13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
    14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
    15 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

19 And when even was come, he went out of the city.
    This is the finish of day 2 and the beginning of day 3.

Mark 11:20 - In the morning after 6 AM - On Tuesday - Day 3
    20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
    21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.
    22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

The end of the day when Jesus leaves the temple on day 3 and goes to the Mount of Olives where the teaching of day 3 continues with Peter, John, James, and Andrew.

Mark 13:1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!
    3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,
    4 Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?

After the 3rd day, there were two days, Wednesday and Thursday, that Mark did not record any Temple visits or teaching.

Mark 14:1 After two days was the feast of the passover, and of unleavened bread: and the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take him by craft, and put him to death.
    2 But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar of the people.

During these two days the Jewish rulers attempted to find a way to put Jesus to death before the Passover, but obviously could not.
    They find a way on Thursday: Mk 14:10 And Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve, went unto the chief priests, to betray him unto them.

So, Mark has given us 5 days so far in succession. Sunday through Thursday. These days are marked out clearly in his gospel.

Friday = Day 6 - beginning in the evening. The next 3 days are most important and so Mark notes that this is "the first day" of the feast.

Mrk 14:12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?
    17 And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.

Day 6 - Friday - The morning
    And straightway in the morning the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council, and bound Jesus, and carried him away, and delivered him to Pilate.

25 And it was the third hour, (9 o'clock) and they crucified him.

33 And when the sixth hour (12 0'clock) was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.
    34 And at the ninth (3hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

The end of day 6 - Friday.

43 Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.
    46 And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.

Day 7 - The Sabbath - Resting when work of redemption is finished. 6 PM to 6 PM - 24 hours.

Mark 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him

This is where we get the body is laid to rest when our work on earth is done.

Day 8 - Sunday - the Resurrection day.
    2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

This lines up with the NEW age, the New Testament, the beginning of a New week where sinners can receive the new birth, with the promise of a new body where we can occupy the new Jerusalem in the new heaven wile we are a new man in Christ. I don't know what prophetic strain you get with a Wednesday or Thursday crucifixion.

Without this none of these new things could happen.

Next post I will use our calendar for you and follows Mark's testimony of days and see how it works out. But the Bible is a Jewish book. I think it is proper to understand in their culture.

3. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Light and dark. The evening, dark, is first in Jewish thought as it relates to a day. Next comes the morning and 12 hours of day. The number 12 in the scriptures typifies the perfect government of God. God is light and light and darkness cannot coexist. Jesus Christ came to set up his kingdom and it is a kingdom of light. Here is what Jesus said about light as it relates to himself.

John 8:32 I am the light of the world; he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Speaking of Jesus Christ as the God-Man in John 1, we are told "In him was life and the life is the light of men. When the first day, or the 8th day broke into day of a new week, and the darkness of the OT was over, it was light. It could not be any other way.

Look:
    Joh 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

If Jesus Christ would have risen from the dead in the darkness it would have been just at the break of day. His rising would drive the darkness away. Those who teach that Jesus Christ rose from the dead during the evening hours when darkness continued do not know the spiritual nature of the words of God. It could not be.

Light and darkness are metaphors in the scripture for knowledge and understanding and blindness and ignorance, two opposites.

Here is proof;

Ps 119:130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
    Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
    Ro 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Here is how the natural state of darkness in a man is turned to the light.

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
    4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
    5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake.
    6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

This is how important an every word of God Bible is. God thinks in these words. One must learn to think like God thinks. In order to do that one must have the words he has given. This is the reason I am thinking in a Friday crucifixion and a burial in a tomb of the incorruptible body of the sinless Jesus and others are thinking in a Wednesday or Thursday crucifixion. These metaphors and types and figures that prepares for the real thing are important to my understanding. Doubtless they have different Bibles than me and those Bibles have different words. This means we cannot think alike and therefore we do not speak the same things. What stands between us and darkness and ignorance at this present time besides the words of God, which is said to be light? But they must be his words.

The devil has done great harm by preaching the present day philosophy of scores of Bible translations. There is a great darkness among the Baptists as is evidenced here regularly. I am sad about Baptists who have lost their way.

Ps 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Utter unsupported nonsense.
    You didn't quote Mark. What year? The next day cannot be a Sunday if the day before wasn't a Sabbath day.

#64 37818, Apr 7, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  5. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who do you think I quoted?

I am quoting inspired words from a divinely inspired Bible. You have not proven that your calendar that your reasoning is divinely inspired.

I have supported my claim with the record of Jesus abiding at the house of Zacchaeus which was somewhere between Jericho and Bethany, and I am supposing it was something less than a sabbaths day journey from Bethany. We have no sabbath day mentioned by either of the four gospel writers in the six days before the Passover, which was the preparation day and the day Jesus was crucified as the Passover Lamb.

Mt 26:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings (to the 4 apostles on the Mount of Olives), he said unto his disciples,
    2 Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

17 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?

Mt 26:20 Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.
    21 And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

Mt 27:62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,

63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.
    64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.
    65 Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.
    66 So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.

The standard for figuring time in the scriptures are the scriptures, not human reasoning. Beginning with the day that the scriptures say is the Passover,, which John says came six days after Jesus came to Bethany, with each day being accounted for by Mark, and with the day following the Passover being the 7th day sabbath of the Jews that they practice weekly, it seems rather simple to count backward from the 6th day and determine that Jesus came to Bethany on the previous sabbath day.

Mr 15:42 And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have cited Scriptures, so have I. Are not the motions of the earth and it's Moon of God? What do we agree on? Unless we have some point of agreement, how can we prove anything to each other? I know with absolute certainly why my view is true and neither the Friday or Wednesday views can be. The Jewish calendar date of the events stated in Mark 14:12 to be the 14th of Nisan. Exodus 12:18. And Christ was crucified the very next day. That makes both the Friday and Wednesday view impossible.

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thursday evening.

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the following day was not a Sunday. Besides it said of that day before, ". . . There they made him a supper; . . ." Which is never done on the Sabbath day.

9. Jec81

Jec81 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thursday, April 10, 32 AD, from my studies, but I will not argue over it; to each their own.

10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Julian date. The Jewish calendar date I get is the 10th of Nisan.
    Calendar Converter

The Thursday I had supposed was April 26, 31 A.D.
    It turned out to be the 15th of Iyyar. Wrong month.

#70 37818, Apr 9, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  11. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have already stated that 33% of the 89 chapters in the gospel account is devoted to the last 8 days of the ministry of Jesus on this earth. Now we know what is most important to God. He goes over and over about these days. The scriptures trumps any other study you may cite.

The sabbath of the Jews is not on a Friday.

Where do you read in the scripture that Jews were not allowed to eat on the sabbath?

Taking John at his word, that Jesus came to Bethany 6 days before the Passover, I have read Mark in his gospel giving us a record of each day, day 1 through day 6. This only makes sense if one considers that it is symbolic of an entire work week of God in redemption with it being finished on the 6th day of the completed work week with the 7th day sabbath rest immediately on it's heels.

16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
    17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
    18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

God has already proven in Genesis that he worked for 6 days of creation week and completed it, and rested on the 7th day and called it the sabbath day. Now he is resting on the 7th day of redemption week after that work is done. It is not happenstance that John wrote that Jesus came to Bethany 6 days before Passover. This info is most important.

If the sixth day is Thursday, then counting backward, what day do you claim is the previous sabbath? Would your scenario put two sabbath days in the eight days that Mark gives us and wouldn't that do damage to the typology? Should not we see two first days of the week with the second one beginning a new week that is different in many ways for the whole world?

Mark 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the [mother] of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.
    2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

If the first day of the 6 days of John 12 is on the first day of redemption week, then the day after the 7th day sabbath would be the 8th day from the day John came to Bethany and also the second 1th day of a week in the eight days Mark enumerates the way Jews figures days. Mark was a Jew.

Mark 16:18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
    19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

Joh 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

It is sure that if Jesus returned in 8 days he would be retuning on the same day of the week that he left. In the above case it would be on what we know as Sunday and what Jews know as the first day of the week.

#71 JD731, Apr 9, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  12. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The most important thing is He arose the eighth day, the first day of the week. Had He not, we would be forever lost.

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really,?

Give these post numbers.

Wrong. The Jewish Preparation Day begins our Thursday evening and ends our Friday evening. The Sabbath begins Friday evening.

You are making stuff up. Food to be eaten on the Sabbath is prepared on the Preparation Day. Never prepared on the seventh day Sabbath.

14. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

You have not told us when the previous Sabbath is since you are insisting on Thursday being the day of the crucifixion. Let's look and see if we can tell what happened on that day. God has written his Bible in such a way that we can understand that he wants us to know he is finishing his work of redemption in a week that ends on the Sabbath of rest, and then a new day begins. We must, I say we must, apply our thinking to the Jewish reckoning of time else we will be confused as you are. So John sets it up for us. He said Jesus came to Bethany 6 days before the Passover. God wants us to know when to begin counting the days. Since Jesus came to Bethany 6 days before the Passover, we can reckon that he entered Bethany sometimes on the Sabbath day, probably towards evening, and when he partook of supper, it was probably after 6 PM on the beginning of the next day. John merely says, "the next day he made the triumphal entry into Jerusalem.

Joh 12:12 On the next day (after entering Bethany) much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

So, we can know that Jesus came to Bethany because he came through Jericho and healed people there without anyone accusing him of violating the Sabbath day. Therefore we can conclude he was not travelling on the sabbath day. But when he came to the meeting with Zacchaeus, he said this.

Lu 19:5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

It is proper to ask questions of a text. Why must Jesus abide at his house today? The answer is because he needed to get to Bethany on the sabbath day in order to have the new week begin with the first day and to let everyone know on what day the redemption week begins. We need to know that.

Zacchaeus lived close to Bethany, we are told in the text. Probably less than a sabbath days journey. Here is what we are told;

Lu 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

This can only mean that he was not far at all from Bethany and he went there from the home of Zacchaeus. All 4 of the gospel writers testifies that Jesus entered Jerusalem in fulfillment of OT prophesy on the first day of the 6 days John mentioned. This would be on the first day of the week. He came from Bethany to Jerusalem, about 3/4 mile, and returned before evening on each of the first three days, according to Mark. All his teaching was complete after three days .

It is significant that Jesus went out of the temple for the final time at the end of that third day. It has prophetic significance. He left never to return again and immediately afterward he gave the prophesy that it would be destroyed with not one stone left on another. This took place literally in 70 AD when all the Jews were dispersed out of the land. This event reminds us of former times when God leaving the temple was a judgement on Israel. The temple is where God met with his people and now he has written "Ichabod" on it. The glory of the Lord has departed. Foillow this logic;

The last thing Jesus said to the Jews from the temple:

Future tense to this generation - 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute [them] from city to city:
    35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
    36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.(this generation ended in 70 AD - see Mt 1:1 & Ps 90:10)
    37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
    38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
    39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. (this saying supposes they will at some point say that)

Now, here is what Jesus says about the temple to his disciples when they ask about it. Notice they are particularly interested in how he answers about the sign of his coming because they understood he was returning to the temple from the statement he said about them saying blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Mt 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
    2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
    3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Jesus answers all three of these questions and his answers are very instructive but I do not have space to tell about them now. I want to show that this conversation with his disciples finishes his prophetic ministry.

Matt 26:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples,
    2 Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

This would be days 4 and 5 of John's six days. and days 4 and 5 of the week.

One must discipline himself to approach the scriptures as they are written, in a Jewish format. Teaching people that Passover is on Thursday will ensure those who follow you will never attain to sound doctrine and understanding. Jesus is a Jew. He thinks and speaks like a Jew.

#74 JD731, Apr 10, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The previous Sabbth? No such passage. Or you would have cited it.

The Jewish Preperation Day begins Thursday evening and ends Friday evening with the beginning of the seventh day Sabbath.

16. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

There are no Thursdays in the scriptures or you would have references.

The preparation day is on the 6th day, as well as the crucifixion and the next day is the sabbath. The day after that is the 8th day.and a new beginning.

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not according to Scripture.
    Neither are Wednesdays. But a translation had render the Preparation day as Friday. The so called Living Bible, Mark 15:42, ". . . This all happened on Friday, the day of preparation, the day before the Sabbath. As evening approached, . . ."

#77 37818, Apr 11, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  18. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It may not be according to your Bible but it is according to mine.

My head spins!

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use the KJV.

20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The evidence.
    1. Our handed.down New Testament documents.
    2. The believer's personal evidence, per Romans 8:16 etc.
    3. Scientifically, mathematically and historically, Corroborable dates with the events Mark 14:12-Mark 15:42. Calendar Converter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.