1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Friend needs scriputure for cross dressing son

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by dianetavegia, May 10, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

A dear, longtime friend, needs scripture or Christian links to share with her 31 year old son who just this week came home in women's clothing claiming he's a man trapped in a woman's body.

Any scripture or links would be greatly appreciated. I'll forward them as they come in.

Diane

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

There is a problem with a man dressing like a woman. Back in Deuteronomy 22 there is the condemnation of a man wearing a garment that pertains to a woman. In 1 Corinthians, the Holy Spirit through Paul says that such a person will not inherit the kingdom of God:
    1 Corinthians 6:9-10
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

It is the shout of the day to say God made me this way. He feels like a woman trapped in a man's body. So, what, God made a mistake? God should have known that he was supposed to be a woman and put him in a woman's body?

Romans 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

This man needs to submit to God and recognize this for what it is, which is sin. Lots of things that are wrong may feel right, but the scripture must be our standard. In my experience though, most men like this are very emotional and will not reason with scripture, choosing rather to disbelieve the word than submit to what it plainly teaches. The man needs much prayer.

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I sent her these but if anyone has more or links to sermons, help pages, etc, I'd greatly appreciate them.

The young man was told by his state psych that this is why he's so depressed. Depression runs in their family.

Please pray for this family! The mother is a devout Christian and active in her Baptist church.

5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Here is an article I found in a quick search on Exodus Internationl's web site. I'm sure there are others. There are many testimonies of people who have been freed from homosexual lifestyles, I'm sure there are some other crossdressing resources. I would think the man in question is probably struggling with both areas, not just wearing women's clothing. It is a stepping stone.

http://exodus.to/library_prevention_04.shtml

6. Jason Garrett

Jason Garrett New Member

You are all missing a vital point: is there a REASON why he is acting the way he is. It is highly possible, as with most homosexual type issues, that there were issues with the father-son relationship growing up. I would get him with a Christian counselor instead of beating him over the head with the Word. Homosexuality is probably one of the most difficult of sins to overcome.

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The son claims jealousy of his mother's relationship with their only daughter but the father has depression.

This is a family outside the U.S. and the 'care' is being provided by the 'state' counselors. The mother has met with them when it was requested. The son is 31.

8. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Jason Garrett wrote,

I agree wholeheartedly with Jason. During the six years that I was the senior pastor of an inner-city church, we as a church ministered to many homosexuals and we learned that the first step in ministering to homosexuals is the very same first step in ministering to anyone else, i.e., showing them that we loved them and presenting to them the gospel of Jesus Christ with love and affection for the sinner, but utmost distain for their sin. And this presentation may need to be repeated over and over again by many of the members of the church.

If the homosexual comes to a point of conviction over sin in their life (not necessarily the sin of homosexuality at this point in time), it is absolutely imperative that Jesus be presented to the homosexual as the source of forgiveness and redemption.

If the homosexual comes to the point of believing that Christ has forgiven them and redeemed them from the sins that they were convicted of, the church needs to rejoice with them and welcome them into the family of God with an abundance of hugs and other displays of affection.

We also found that it was VERY important to provide homosexuals an alternative to their nightlife, and we kept our church doors open seven days a week till midnight and found that many of our members enjoyed taking their evening meals at the church on a daily basis, participating in the Bible study that followed, and staying until 10:00 or 11:00, and that some liked to stay till midnight. The homosexuals were not treated as though their sins were any worse than anyone else’s, but everyone was taught that all sins need to be confessed to God and repented of.

We also learned that all Christians, including homosexuals, need to be an active and vital part of the body of Christ and that all Christians have their own gifts and abilities. Therefore we made an aggressive effort to discover those gifts and abilities and put everyone to work in the Lord’s service, most of them right there in the church. Since we had two or three services a day and served meals, published three illustrated publications, went on retreats and campouts, put together Christian concerts, etc., etc., there was always plenty of work to go around, and not busy work, but work that gave the worker a genuine sense of accomplishment in serving Christ.

Homosexuals seek out persons of the same sex for TWO very different purposes: sex and affection. The homosexuals who fellowshipped with us generally found it easier to give up the sex than they did the affection, so it was very important for the members of the church to supply an abundance of affection. This was a bit difficult for some of the guys who were not especially secure in their own sexual identity, but when everyone else was loving the homosexuals and affectionately hugging them and touching them, it was no big deal for even most of the “macho” guys to join in.

Another very important part of ministering to homosexuals is ministering to their families and straight friends, helping them to learn what to do, and what not to do, and helping them to do what they need to do.

Homosexuality is a life-controlling sin, and the remedy to it is a life-controlling Christian ministry. And the ministry to homosexuals is all too often beset with setbacks and the most agonizing imaginable grief, sorrow, and discouragement, and we often have to remind ourselves that we shall reap in due season, if we do not lose heart.

Cross-dressing, however, poses some of its own special problems, but the approach, I believe, needs to the same.

1 Cor. 6:9. Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
    10. nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
    11. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

[​IMG]

9. music4Him

music4Him New Member

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Thanks again. I send these as soon as I see them. Her only daughter is pregnant with her third baby out of wedlock and is considering an abortion. Please pray for that also. The birth father of these babies is not a Christian and is pushing her for an abortion plus refusing to marry her.

This Christian mom faces so much horror every day. I can't begin to imagine what it feels like to be in her shoes.

11. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I will surely pray Diane and I know how it feels (maybe not with a child living the homosexual lifestlye), but still I have a daughter refusing marriage and being PG out of wedlock. I think I have been bold enough to let the feller and my daughter know where I stand, also there is a innocent child in the picture and 2 more on the way. I can only lean on the Proverb that my mother quoted so many times....
    Prov. 22:6 -
    Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Even with that, I can say I did my best I prayed, raised my girls in a Christian home to the best of my ability, I made sure we went to church, and all I knew how to do at the time of them growing up. Now its like they are the prodical son/child and we wait and know how that poor father must had felt as he waited to see if the child would return. As a Christian parent I sometimes condem myself because of the lifestyle my child chose to live, I sometimes blame myself for feeling that I wasn't a positive enough inflence on my one child. Although my oldest daughter rebeled in her youth to go to church she ended up being the stable one, my youngest girl loved going to church, sharing and always being nice and helping anyone and everyone in her youth... she has made a complete turn and now has gone down a bad road. I constantly ask what did I do...or could I just say the right words to get her to see what she is doing. I'm sure your friend is struggling with this also. My heart felt prayers go out to her because from one mother to another I feel her pain. [​IMG]

Music4Him

12. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter