1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Friend of Israel?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Grasshopper, Sep 13, 2012.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs:

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Don't believe I know Mr. or Mrs. Inuit or any of their children. That being said I agree with you, we are just as duty bound to one as the other..

However, I have no problem with this nations friendship with the nation Israel. They are a democracy, the only one in that region, and also a thorn in the flesh of Islam. I don't like Islam.

3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

To That I say a hearty...

By the way brother...I rather dislike the shortened term "dispies"...sounds too much like a slur to me....I prefer to take the time to type out that wonderful, Biblical word "dispensations" or even better the title, "Dispensationalist" . I LIKE being accused of being something truthful and Biblical.:smilewinkgrin:

Amen!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
    Bro.Greg

5. Gregory Perry Sr.

And My OPINION is..........

I'm not gonna say he is wrong but neither would I say he is right either. I do believe that he(the anti-christ) COULD BE already with us and alive somewhere on the planet today but there is no way to know for sure and any speculation is pointless. I don't personally believe that his identity will be "revealed" until the church has been removed in the rapture and then it really won't matter to us. I also do not believe that the "world at large" will know and regard him as the "anti-christ" of the Bible, (since they never believed the Bible anyway)....they will readily accept the deception that has led up to him stepping forth onto the "world stage" and regard him as the answer to all the pressing problems of the world. Very sad. Very dark indeed.

As for me and all the brothers and sisters I fellowship with and the entire Body of Christ, we will be tied up at that time with...1st...the Judgment Seat Of Christ (I'm kinda apprehensive about that one).....and then 2ndly a very long awaited and highly anticipated Marriage Supper of the Lamb. I guess 7 years must be just the right amount of time to accomplish those things or else God wouldn't have scheduled it that way in His precious,infallible and perfect Word of God...amen? Yes...I believe so...AMEN!!! Ya'll have a nice day...OK?:wavey:

Blessings in Christ Jesus,
    Bro.Greg:thumbs:

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this like another 'great commission'? Are we 'to love and pray for the people and nation of Israel' more so than for others, like, say, the Inuit? Are we more duty bound to the Jews than we are to the Inuit?

I'm really curious about this. What's the protocol for 'loving Israel'? How do you know if you're doing enough for them?

What are YOU doing for Israel?

7. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree totally. Having the Word on my side here and the grace of our Savior allows me to poke fun at myself and that is why allow myself to be called a dispy. Ther rest of it though is all serious.

8. OldRegular

The Apostle John is the only recorder in Scripture to mention antichrist! He tells us there are many antichrists and that was ~2000 years ago!

1 John 2:18. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3. And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 7. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good read, good articulations:

The Antichrist Hoax by Joel McDurmon

Excerpt:

"You can pretty much rest assured that prophecy teachers (pastor, preacher, “prophet,” pundit, televangelist, and the like) have little idea what they’re talking about when they use the phrase “the Antichrist.” It’s a dead giveaway that any such person has sold out dogmatically, uncritically, and close-mindedly to a particular system of end-times theology rather than a purely biblical assessment of the issue.

Why such a strong conclusion over the mere phrase “the Antichrist”?

Because no such character appears in Scripture....."

10. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LBC 1689::null:

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Gregory Perry Sr.

A Question....?

Hey Redneck....I have a question for you....I have no problem or question with the FACT that there have been, are now, and will be in the future many "anti-Christs" or people who operate in that spirit. (we have a sitting President and a whole bunch of TV preachers who probably qualify...amen?) My question to you is...Do you NOT believe that there will be one central figure in history...at some time in the (possibly) near future who will be revealed on the world stage who will fill the role of THE Anti-Christ....a real, tangible, living, breathing person ? If not, why not? In the meantime, I will do a little study of my own and post the reasons why I believe there WILL be that person in a later post. I'll get back with that a bit later. If anybody else wants to chime in on this in the meantime that would be fine. I currently have a house full of grand-daughters!:thumbs: I'll be back LATER!

Bro.Greg:godisgood:

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excerpt from:

'The Antichrist Hoax'

"The Fallacious “Composite Antichrist”

The scant (yet very clear) Scriptural data on antichrist does not stop countless Christians from imposing the term upon Scriptural characters to which it does not pertain. This remains the source of much confusion and hindrance in the area of Christian doctrine and worldview.

For example, LaHaye and Hindson argue, “The Bible uses several names and titles for the person we commonly call the Antichrist.”[3] In his previously mentioned article, Gillette makes a long list of these alleged names:

The Seed of Satan—Genesis 3:15 (NLT); The Little Horn—Daniel 7:8 (NLT); The Fierce King, a Master of Intrigue—Daniel 8:23 (NLT); The Prince Who is to Come—Daniel 9:26 (NLT); The Defiler—Daniel 9:27 (NLT); The King Who Does as He Pleases—Daniel 11:36 (NLT); The King of Assyria—Isaiah 10:12 (NLT); The Worthless Shepherd—Zechariah 11:17 (NLT); The One Who Brings Destruction—2 Thessalonians 2:3 (NLT); The Man of Lawlessness—2 Thessalonians 2:8 (NLT); The Antichrist—1 John 2:18 (NLT); The Beast—Revelation 13:11 (NLT)

Notice Gillette’s reference to 1 John 2:18: “The Antichrist.” As we have already seen, in this particular verse there is no “The.” So the title here is made up to begin with—made up to fit a preconceived theological concept.

Of course, once such a concept is made up, then these teachers read their abstracted, artificial character back into Scripture and find his shadow in every reference to every evil ruler and false prophet around. This is what theologian B. B. Warfield called a “composite photograph” obtained by connecting “antichrist” to Paul’s “Man of Sin,” the Beast found in Revelation, and many others.[4]

“The Antichrist” resulting from this type of doctrinal construct is a myth—a big, bold, hodge-podge of Scripture, mixed with imagination and superstition. He does not exist in Scripture; he is the imaginary construct of certain theologians dependent upon a certain system of end-times scenarios.

In order to avoid the plain meaning of Scripture, these gentlemen must add to the Word of God. Even after admitting how narrowly Scripture defines the term, LaHaye and Hindson immediately depart from it......."

14. Gregory Perry Sr.

Keep It Simple...

So in other words...you DON'T believe that there is or will be ONE distinct man/creature/entity/future world leader that will be T H E anti-Christ?....Is that correct? And by the way....I am ONLY interested in what the scriptures (KJV.....ONLY) teach regarding this. Can you de-bunk the teaching of T H E anti-Christ from the scriptures. Do the scriptures (not the teachings or theories of men who write about this subject) prove this teaching to be untrue or unscriptural? I would suggest that IF the teaching of a central figure in history called Anti-Christ is TRUE....then Satan would use every means at his disposal to protect him, mask his true nature and mission and draw attention away from him lest the world's opinion could be influenced to foster rejection and ridicule of him and his wicked goals as the day of his revealing draws nearer. Don't you think.....? Just my opinion.

Bro.Greg

#74 Gregory Perry Sr., Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
  15. OldRegular

I don't believe the KJV mentions The antichrist!

1 John 2:18. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3. And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 7. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

16. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Say it isn't so.

17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose you're not paying attention; not only has the article 'The Antichrist Hoax' debunked T H E (there is no definite article) Antichrist, but OR has also, and that from the KJV.

From the article http://americanvision.org/3670/the-antichrist-hoax/:

"Antichrist in the Bible

As I have already argued, this character “the Antichrist” does not even appear in Scripture, at least not in a way that anywhere resembles the many claims about “him.” In fact, the very phrase “the antichrist” hardly appears in Scripture. This may come as a shock to some Christians, especially if they have been taught for years that the Bible predicts such a leader, and especially with writers like LaHaye claiming that over 100 passages teach about him. But here’s the proof:

The word “antichrist” comes directly from the Greek word antichristos. It appears (in its various grammatical forms) only five times in Scripture. The first appearance comes in 1 John 2:18. This opening usage of the word does not even include the definite article “the.”[2]

The text literally reads, “Children, it is the last hour; and as you heard that antichrist comes, and now many antichrists have come [or, “have happened”], therefore we know that it is the last hour” (1 John 2:18). Among modern translations, perhaps the two best on this verse are the NAS and the ESV. The latter reads, “Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.” I prefer my own translation over even these, however.

At least three things are absolutely, irrefutably clear from this primary verse:

1) Antichrist is not a single person. That is, “antichrist” is a descriptive term for a group, or a type of person, not a title for a special single person. John had no intention of describing a single world ruler who would come and fill some prophesied role of “the” Antichrist. Instead, John announced the appearance of “many antichrists.” John further expresses this understanding in the following verse, stating of these “many antichrists”: “They [plural] went out from us, but they [plural] were not of us… that they [plural] might be made manifest that they [plural] were not all of us” (1 John 2:19).

2) These antichrists came and went during the time John wrote. We are not awaiting their appearance in our near future. “And now,” “Even now,” or “So now,” these many antichrists “have come,” said John. Their appearance on the scene was a done deal.

3) John, inspired by the Holy Spirit, writing in Scripture, interpreted the manifestation of these antichrists as proof he and his audience were living in the “last hour” or “end time.” Unless the “last hour” has lasted for nearly two thousand years (a large percentage of human history for a waning hour), then we can safely say that the “end time” somehow pertained to John’s era, not ours. This should force some hard thinking about the doctrine of the last days, at least for some people......"