1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Friends of Bill"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Don, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because there's been an overabundance of anti-Trump posts, let's not forget the other side....
    -----
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fobs...e-special-attention-friends/story?id=42615379
    In a series of candid email exchanges with top Clinton Foundation officials during the hours after the massive 2010 Haiti earthquake, a senior aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton repeatedly gave special attention to those identified by the abbreviations “FOB” (friends of Bill Clinton) or “WJC VIPs” (William Jefferson Clinton VIPs).

“Need you to flag when people are friends of WJC,” wrote Caitlin Klevorick, then a senior State Department official who was juggling incoming offers of assistance being funneled to the State Department by the Clinton Foundation. “Most I can probably ID but not all.”

“Is this a FOB!” Klevorick writes later, when a Clinton Foundation aide forwards a woman’s offer of medical supplies. “If not, she should go to cidi.org,” she adds, directing the person deemed not to be a Clinton friend to a general government website.
    -----
    As a reminder, I'm not promoting either candidate. Just trying to balance things.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Near as I can tell from reading the entire article and watching the video, contributors to the Clinton Foundation got "special attention" from the State Department when competing for government contracts to perform rebuilding in Haiti after the earthquake. If the contractor indicated they were "Friends of Bill" their request was passed along to the State Department; if they were not "FOB" they were sent to another government agency.

There is no direct connection made between being a "FOB" and receiving a government contract. What percentage of contractors sent to the other agency got government contracts vs. contracts doled out by the State Department? What was the quality of the contracts doled out? (I'm not naive, there probably was favoritism, but the article is a lot of noise and not much light.)

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Have these folks done any rebuilding in Haiti? Last few times I've been down, ain't much changed.

To do anything in Haiti, you've got to be a Friend of their President. Having connections at our state department gets very little done there because to get materials out of port, you've got to bribe someone. That's how the officials down there get rich while everyone else suffers.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk