1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Friends...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Jul 2, 2006.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

My church could really use your prayers. Our pastor has accepted the role of a church planter and will be leaving our church. He is a great guy, and will be hard to replace. The tough thing is, we do not even have a permanent home yet, and are not as established as many churches, so this will be tough to swallow. Please pray for the elders and leaders that God will lead and guide them during this transition, and that God will put His man into place. Our church's backbone is the small group ministry, and your prayers are appreciated there as well, as we hope the unity remains.
    If the mods want to move this to the prayer forum eventually, that's fine, but I wanted my baptist brothers' and sisters' to know first.

This has been a tough weekend, as it hurts to lose a friend and pastor who you truly admire, and who loves the Lord and people. For those of you who are not familiar, the SBC has targeted the Cleveland Ohio area this year to start new churches and evalgelize this community. It is called "Cleveland Hope". Please pray for the NAMB and this ministry as well... http://www.clevelandhope.com/site/c.hjISI1PIKqG/b.551391/k.95BD/Cleveland_Hope.htm.

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Hey Dog,
    its really a hard thing to lose a minister who is your friend, especially in a time of transition. Its also hard on his end, too, as I am sure he labored over his decision. Stay strong!

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Webdog;
    I pray God will send someone for you and the members of your home church, also my prayers include you.

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I'll be praying for your church, too!

5. Kris

Kris New Member

I'll be praying too :praying:

6. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

I will be praying as well. Stay strong and in prayer for your church, leadership, present minister, and future minister.:praying: