1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

From Associated Press...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JasmineSkye, Jan 16, 2008.

1. JasmineSkye

JasmineSkye New Member

source here Now correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the hijackers on 9/11 mostly Arab? source here Please tell me if this makes any sense to you. It makes no sense to me. And no i'm not racist against anyone....I every race has bad people. But the administration has made such a fuss about not taking the chance of letting weapons fall into the wrong hands and here we go selling 20 BILLION dollars worth of arms to a middle-eastern country!! I'm so confused right now.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's the old saying that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Saudi Arabia is Sunni Muslim and is fearful of Iran which is Shiite Muslim. These United States removed Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq which had been the buffer against a stronger Iran.

3. JasmineSkye

JasmineSkye New Member

so Ken...let me get this straight...we are arming Saudi Arabia in order to have them keep Iran at bay? And I also heard somewhere (i'll find the link if anyone wants me too) that they are in the process of putting Hussein's henchmen in power. What sense does that make? Take out the problem then put the problem's footman in power...i'm sure they have the same ideals and will carry out the plans that Saddam had. Right?

4. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

The Middle East is pit of quicksand, and once you're in, there is no way out. Ask Britain, Russia, etc. Only if someone else stepps in can the country pouring money into the stability of the area wash their hands of it.