1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

From the creator of "healthcare.gov" -- five brand new disasters waitin' to happen??

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Nov 5, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Hope none of you have any new inventions you're hoping to protect against poachers, 'cuz if healthcare.gov is any indication, the patent office is about to become the latest focal point of total chaos.

And I love the quote highlighted in the center of the webpage from CGI Federal Sr. VP Cheryl Campbell (she of the prune-face disdain for the House Commerce and Energy Committee hearings two weeks ago):

Really, Ms. Campbell? I mean, REALLY??? What in the world is your definition of the word "working"???

To be fair, one Republican staff Fox News interviewed for the piece said the administration didn't give a clear set of guidelines for the design of the website. Now, my son is a project manager for tech support for Garmin's military products. If he ever went about writing a repair program for one of the GPS devices our nation's military relies on, without having a clearly defined overview of the problem, how easily do you believe he -- a former 4.0 from the University of Missouri School of Engineering -- would be able to identify and target the problem and repair it?

If you asked him that question, he'd say "Not a snowball's chance in ... " and you know the rest of that one.

So why does the government keep hiring CGI Federal when they've never had a government project delivered on time, under budget and without major problems?? Somebody in D.C., please, just tell me that, and I'll be happy.

Well, no I won't, but never mind. Just tell me.