1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured From the mothers womb

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by psalms109:31, Jul 20, 2013.

?

Is that person saved

Poll closed Jul 30, 2013.
  1. This is universalism

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

I am born again through the enduring word. This is my Spiritual mother I was conceived in sin by my natural mother and born again by His word.

Psalm 51:5
    Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

1 Peter 1:23
    For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

#21 psalms109:31, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
  2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For pft:

God compares himself to a mother who carries a child in her womb; God has manifested himself to be both Father and Mother:

Isaiah 46:3
    "the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb"

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

So figurative language means He is our Spiritual Mother? Whose womb is being spoken of here? God's? Or is this speaking of His protection of His remnant from the womb?

I see where we pray 'Heavenly Father' in Scripture but nowhere where we pray 'Heavenly Mother'.

#23 preacher4truth, Jul 20, 2013
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it does. These Corinthians apparently were still visiting the Pagan temple. (2 Corinthians 5:14ff) and commiting other sins which were vile even to the unbelievers.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
    13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
    14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
    16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
    17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
    18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.​

Christians are capable of great wickedness. Sooner or later every Christian worker finds this sad fact to be true.​

Revelation 2
    20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
    21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
    22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
    23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

HankD​

5. psalms109:31

This is a debate forum you have the right to an opinion saying it isn't scriptual does not make it so to me.

I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

You are Israel's teacher and you don't know these things

My earthly mother is my mother because i was born from her. My Spiritual mother His word which is Spirit and life is my Spiritual mother because i was born again by these.

#25 psalms109:31, Jul 20, 2013
  6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did I hit a nerve?

HankD

7. psalms109:31

Hit a nerve i am just saying why i have come to the conclusion i have, you have a choice to believe what you want. I do believe our work will be burned up, the only work that will remain is what God did through us.

Do you think what i said before was meant for you?

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

#27 psalms109:31, Jul 20, 2013
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed

Did you mean it for me?

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

The sad fact is that many of God's children do indeed become sterile in bearing fruit.

HankD

9. psalms109:31

I am not here to judge anyone's salvation. I am called to encourage people.

Hebrews 3:
    12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end.

James 1:22
    Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

If i get on people's nerve so be it, I am not here to encourage idleness.

You were not on my mind when i wrote what i wrote

10. psalms109:31

I am not here to question anyone salvation, but to encourage them to remain in Christ, even if we believe we are faithless, because Christ cannot disown Himself. I cannot encourage anyone to do nothing.

Jeremiah 23:29
    “Is not my word like fire,” declares the Lord, “and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

30 “Therefore,” declares the Lord, “I am against the prophets who steal from one another words supposedly from me. 31 Yes,” declares the Lord, “I am against the prophets who wag their own tongues and yet declare, ‘The Lord declares.’ 32 Indeed, I am against those who prophesy false dreams,” declares the Lord. “They tell them and lead my people astray with their reckless lies, yet I did not send or appoint them. They do not benefit these people in the least,” declares the Lord.

#30 psalms109:31, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.