1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Full Christmas Mode

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by hillclimber1, Dec 8, 2008.

1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, we are now in full Christmas mode, as we have Handel's Messiah playing gently in the background, as we have our morning Bible study... Quite a gift the Lord gave us in Handel..

2. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I too am embracing the season, playing Christmas music on Pandora at work and Holiday Traditions on DirectTV XM at home. Ahhhhhh ... I love Christmas music ... :)

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. The community choir and orchestra presented Messiah tonight. I've been participating about 20 years, and it never gets old.

4. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our local NPR station plays noontime programs of Christmas music until Christmas. On Christmas Eve morning they broadcast the Service of Nine Lessons and Carols live from Kings College, Cambridge, England. About 20 years ago, I listened to it while I was working in the unheated garage of a new house. It was in the teens outside, so it was probably near freezing inside. I was working alone, so I was able to sing along with the choir and congregation. It was great.

I've been holding off listening to very much Christmas music, but I'll start cranking it up this weekend. We'll have Handel's Messiah, a lot of John Rutter, Mannheim Steamroller, two American Christmas albums by the Boston Camerata and the Tudor Choir, Manhattan Transfer, John Denver and the Muppets, and the Four Freshmen (their Christmas album, Freshmas, has three arrangements by my Uncle Dick). I'll be humming Christmas tunes at least until my birthday the middle of January. As I'm typing this, The Nutcracker is just starting on the TV. Merry Christmas!

Tim Reynolds