1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Full-Preterism/Hyper-Preterism: A Damnable Heresy

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ReformedBaptist, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

No thanks. If you want to engage in name-calling and other childish behavior be my guest.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Who have I called names? Has my behavior been childish? Why are you accusing me of these things?

3. ReformedBaptist

Actually, what I meant is if you want to discuss with someone who calls names and acts like a child, go ahead. My reply to you wasn't meant to accuse you of doing that...but I can see how it was taken that way. It was poorly worded. Sorry about that.

RB

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

If a partial pre-terrist believes much has passed in AD 70 but that the Lord will return in the future with a ressurection from the dead why would they be considered a Heresy?

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, if I understand this statement posted by Grasshopper to mean that FP deny the physical resurrection of our bodies, then then Full Preterism would a heresy:

6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Promise? You provided nothing to the conversation.

7. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amy he had no intention of debating or learning. In two separate threads he never answered a question. Yet the very Reformers whom he worships held many preterist views.

What I cannot get partial preterists to answer, and I wish I could ask Gill and Spurgeon, is how their views if taken to their natural and logical conclusion doesn't lead to a full-preterist position. They may be correct, I just haven't found their justification yet.

8. ReformedBaptist

The Lord rebuke you for saying I worship men.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Amy, Grasshopper does not believe these scriptures apply to Christians today because he believes Satan is inactive since 70 A.D.:

We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one. 1 Jn 5.19

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4.3,4

so that no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes. 1 Cor 2.11

No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 2 Cor. 11.14

For we wanted to come to you--I, Paul, more than once--and yet Satan hindered us. 1 Thess 2.18

for some have already turned aside to follow Satan.
    1 Tim 5.15

And of course, we have the Eph 6 passage about how our battle is against evil spiritual forces (demons):
    11Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
    ...in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
    Eph 6.11-12, 16

Of course, there are many other scriptures I could have posted. This is just a small sampling.