1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Full Text : The President of Iran's Letter To President Bush

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by KenH, May 10, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr George Bush,

President of the United States of America

For sometime now I have been thinking, how one can justify the undeniable contradictions
    that exist in the international arena -- which are being constantly debated, specially in political forums and amongst university students. Many questions remain unanswered. These have prompted me to discuss some of the contradictions and questions, in the hopes that it might bring about an opportunity to redress them.

Can one be a follower of Jesus Christ (PBUH), the great Messenger of God,

Feel obliged to respect human rights,
    Present liberalism as a civilization model,
    Announce one’s opposition to the proliferation of nuclear weapons and WMDs,
    Make “War and Terror” his slogan,
    And finally,
    Work towards the establishment of a unified international community – a community which
    Christ and the virtuous of the Earth will one day govern,
    But at the same time,
    Have countries attacked; The lives, reputations and possessions of people destroyed and on the slight chance of the … of a … criminals in a village city, or convoy for example the entire
    village, city or convey set ablaze.

Or because of the possibility of the existence of WMDs in one country, it is occupied, around
    one hundred thousand people killed, its water sources, agriculture and industry destroyed,
    close to 180,000 foreign troops put on the ground, sanctity of private homes of citizens
    broken, and the country pushed back perhaps fifty years. At what price? Hundreds of billions
    of dollars spent from the treasury of one country and certain other countries and tens of
    thousands of young men and women – as occupation troops – put in harms way, taken away
    from family and love ones, their hands stained with the blood of others, subjected to so much
    psychological pressure that everyday some commit suicide ant those returning home suffer
    depression, become sickly and grapple with all sorts of aliments; while some are killed and
    their bodies handed of their families.

On the pretext of the existence of WMDs, this great tragedy came to engulf both the peoples
    of the occupied and the occupying country. Later it was revealed that no WMDs existed to
    begin with.

Of course Saddam was a murderous dictator. But the war was not waged to topple him, the
    announced goal of the war was to find and destroy weapons of mass destruction. He was
    toppled along the way towards another goal, nevertheless the people of the region are happy
    about it. I point out that throughout the many years of the … war on Iran Saddam was
    supported by the West.

- rest at LINK

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I guess my post didn't go. If it appears twice, my apologies.

In any case, I agree with President Kennedy when he said in his Inaugural Address . . .

"Let us never negotiate out of fear, but let us never fear to negotiate."

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this letter Ken. Pages four and five kind of stick out don't they? I take it (PBUH) means "peace be upon him" is that correct?

4. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

Yes, that's correct. When Muslims write the name of Mohammed and anyone else they believe was a prophet, they put "peace be upon him" after the name.

5. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Jesus was the author of peace.

The rest of the letter sounds like something the unibomber would write.