1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Full Time Evangelistic Ministry

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by BroOldTimer, Jan 30, 2019.

1. BroOldTimer

BroOldTimer Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I felt the call to preach God's word for several years, and entered public ministry about a year and a half ago. I was ordained this past month by my home church. I have a desire to go on the road and preach full time, and feel like that is where God is leading me. Does anybody have any advice or wisdom to share on the subject? Some doors have opened up around me, and hopefully more are coming.

I am a college graduate and work in a public job right now, but feel like God is calling me to full time ministry. Any and all advice is appreciated.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What kind of college did you go to? If it was a Bible college, then hopefully you are ready to preach. So start somewhere. Just preach: street corners, a Gospel mission downtown, Wednesday night at your church if the pastor agrees to let you, anywhere! As you go through whatever doors are open to you right now, God will open others.

If you went to a secular college, by all means get a theological education. You can't preach effectively if you do now know the Word of God. Find a good seminary that teaches the inerrant, verbally-inspired Scriptures, and requires service for the Lord, not just classroom study. The M.A. in Biblical Studies is a good one. If you have no Bible training, the Master of Divinity (M.Div.) may be the way to go: 3 or more years of concentrated study.

If possible, go to a seminary with a great revival emphasis. Here is such a seminary: Theological Seminary.