1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fundamental Doctorate Program

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by bbcyouth, Feb 19, 2008.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, you may want to see how many hours the government requires. For service in the military, it's 72 grad hours.

2. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Incidentally, It looks like Piedmont, the school mentioned above is TRACS accredited. I think that would indeed limit the utility of their Ph.D. for now anyway.

Tom

http://www.pbc.edu/ps/ps_ac_mdp.aspx)

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I had no great interest in this, per se, but when reading the thread noticed you are pursuing a Ph.D. from North Tennessee Bible Institute & Seminary.

Merely because I had never heard of this institution, I clicked on the site to find out something about it. I did find something (two big somethings, actually) I would not have in any way expected, both of which caused big question marks to jump up at me.

The first is what does the Department of Education of Florida have to do with authorizing an institution in Tennessee to grant any degrees? I could understand if it were the Tennessee Department of Education having something to say about this, but not Florida. Likewise, I could understand if it were a Florida institution, or even if the institution had originated in Florida, but then relocated physically to Tennessee, but none of this seems to be the case, especially given the institution originated in TN. Sorry, for whatever reason, this just does not seem to pass the "smell test", IMO.

Other red flags are the apparent (close) tie-in with Magister University, apparently located in St. John's, Antigua. With all respect, and I am merely a farmer, even though the 'qualifications' of some of the Lecturers at the institution are definitely in line with what I would be looking for if I were involved in the constructing a church, plant, or office building, I really do wonder a bit about the linkage of what amounts to a very good 'trade school' to a "College of Biblical Education"? This seems a bit like the proverbial "Odd Couple", to say the least.

And call me 'traditional', I guess, but I was simply not impressed, in any positive way, with an institution where two of the three phone numbers one may contact are cell phones, and one is specifically a "US cell phone". The 'red flags' just refuse to disappear, for me.

Especially, the 'red flag' on the web-site where an institution [that grants the Ph.D. degree (though hopefully not in English)] with the (apparent) home city of the institution being the capital and largest city on Antigua, in the country of Antigua and Barbuda, a country that is smaller (171 sq. mi.) than is my own county in KY (206 sq. mi.), has the name of that city misspelled.

Sorry, once again, to my mind , this just isn't "adding up".

BTW, I have no problem with either Liberty or Luther Rice.

Ed