1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Funeral Theology

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Shortandy, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither have I!

Even when I strongly suspect that the deceased was unsaved, I always say that if they could sppeak to us right now they would tell us to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. My authority is Luke 16:27 - "He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

As to how they knew Moses and Elijah, I have no idea, but they did. Why would it not happen in glorified bodies in heaven?

2. Shortandy

Shortandy New Member

Thanks for the post guys.

So let me get this straight. The majority believe that the bond of marriage will not be recognized in heaven but brotherhood and sisterhood in Christ will?

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Luke 20:34-36 Jesus replied, "The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection.

4. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

That is my position.

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

It's the Biblical position.