1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Funniest news stories of 2005

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Linda64, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Joe Kovacs WND Exclusive Commentary Funniest news stories of 2005
    Posted: December 28, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Wow, what a year!

It seems just yesterday that Sandy "Burglar" Berger had found a novel way to preserve classified documents by pickling them in his pants and socks. But alas, those were the good ol' days of 2004. Thankfully, we have a fresh batch of classic comic events from 2005, so let's get right to it.

Commandoor in chief

We'll start off this year's recap with a recent event involving President Bush, who gave new meaning to exit strategy (or is that strategery?).

President Bush discovers how easy it really is to prevent a non-citizen's unauthorized entry

After answering a mere six questions from American reporters in China, the president bolted for the door and tugged on each handle, only to find out he was locked in.

"I was trying to escape," an embarrassed Bush admitted. "Obviously, it didn't work."

I've watched the video numerous times, and my favorite part is Bush's lamppost-like impression of Al Gore. It's still unclear if he ever found the "evildoers" responsible for locking the door.

Plop goes the weasel?

For some reason, people are fascinated with political leaders passing out.

Three years ago, President Bush made headlines for fainting while eating a pretzel at the White House.

Before that, his father – President Bush I – also passed out and puked on camera while visiting Japan.

With that in mind, New York Sen. Hillary Clinton had her 10 minutes of fainting fame when she "went South" while delivering a speech in Buffalo.

It's never a good thing when someone is taken ill, but then again, how often do you get to see Hillary about to learn first-hand about gravity?

Did Hillary suddenly realize she's still married to Bill?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48097

2. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Many funny stories included in the link. Read them, you'll get a good chuckle.