1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

G. A. Riplinger and fundamentalism

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Logos1560, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, Armchair scholar! Gladta see ya here! I am "Steelmaker" on Ezboard.

While every controversial author has his/her critix, I took the time to check out some of the criticism against GAR and found it to be true far as I could go. I don't have YOUR resources, but I was able to check out her misquotes of other authors against their actial statements in their boox, & found them to be true.

And, as almost every other KJVO author has done, she has copied from Dr. Wilkinson's book.

I've found YOUR work to be right on the money! I hope anyone interested will check out the facts for him/herself!

2. Armchair Scholar

Armchair Scholar New Member

And to that, I say, Amen!

3. Armchair Scholar

Armchair Scholar New Member

It's GOOD to see you here, Roby/Steelmaker! :wavey:

All we can do is hope that others will do their own research. They can't very well argue that GAR is an honest person and know for sure unless they find out for themselves.

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Hmmm? Maybe some one should analyze the lives of those who have analyzed her?

Seems somebody has got a beam in their eyes.:godisgood:

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Don't know, it'd be best to simply ask her.

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Ooooooooooo! Another Christian not concerned about the eternal condition of another soul???

Venomous, venomous!

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Of course you would attribute the W/H Greek to be "historic"!:laugh:

Where we come from the W/H Greek text is called the "corrupt" Greek.

Seems more like you've become judge, jury, and a band of angels at the same time.:praying:

8. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Look for my public testimony online: Alan Manders.

It's right there, but I won't think you to find it. So be sure when and if you do post it in quotations please and give the source, OK?

You seem more like a wolf devouring some one for their studies.:tear:

Ever hear of Christian Polity?

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The originals being referred to are the books written by Rev. Wescott and Rev. Hort not the Greek text they edited. Further, if you look up the thread an attempt was made to get Mrs. Ludwig-Riplinger's testimony of her salvation
    Most preachers I know can and will happily tell you about their salvation experience. It's as easy as writting
    See in two sentences the question is answered.

#169 Squire Robertsson, Nov 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2007
  10. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I googled "Alan Manders" and found nothing Christian. :smilewinkgrin: (Just yanking your chain.) Seriously, I didn't find any "Alan Manders" testimony or anything.

11. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Anything referred to by W/H is subject to scrutiny, just as Riplinger is. But this seems more like a gossip column rather than an objective discussion.
    I have a hard time accepting the validity of their report when they advertantly cause a reproach upon another's person aas has happened in this case.
    Are you also attributing to her the call to preach? I find her to be nothing more than an English teacher. To call her salvation into question reeks of a beam in the eye to try and remove a mote, or maybe even place a mote in her eye?

12. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Thy search must means to be much more indepth.

It's actually right under your nose!:wavey:

13. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I'm not attributing to her a call to preach. However, if you asked any number of women who speak at ladies' conferences and seminars you'd get a quick and easy answer.

No, I am not calling her salvation into question. I am calling her reluctence to give a testimony and the unavailabilty in third party sources about it into question.

I find your characterizing her as "nothing more than an English teacher" to be disingenuous. No matter what she or you claim her to be, to me in practical terms, she is teaching on the doctrine of Bibliology.

#173 Squire Robertsson, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2007
  14. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you mean your BB profile, all you say there is "Thank you Lord!!!" :confused:

15. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And in spite of the fact that no IFB Bible college I know of would have a woman teach a course in Bibliology, yet IFB pastors still have her in to lecture. Inconceivable!

16. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Exactly, "Teaching" on the doctrine of Bibliology doesn't award her the title "preacher", now does it.

Er, since our Bible is in English, and her teaching is done in English, I find her to be teaching Bibliology in English, to be teaching English.:wavey:

17. Salamander

Salamander New Member

No, not exactly, but it would suffice.

Just to help matters: I was saved nearly 15 years ago by the grace of God. Under conviction by the Holy Ghost for my sins against God and humanity, against God and my family, against God and my fellow man. Not having anywhere else to turn, from below the bottom of the barrel, yes BELOW the bottom ofd the barrel! I found the Saviour looking for me!

From under your nose to right in front of your eyelets.:godisgood:

18. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Pro 11:14Where no counsel [is], the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors [there is] safety.

I find no mention of only men here.

Pro 15:22Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.

Pro 24:6For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors [there is] safety.

Did Paul mean something ONLY in the order of service to mean only men or did he possibly change the meanings of Proverbs???

I rather believe that counsel can come from both genders, BUT! when it comes to filling the pulpit preaching the word of God, MEN! and ONLY men!:praying:

19. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sal, I've never referred to her teaching as "preaching." When it comes to teaching doctrine, I am particular about who does it in a public setting. Privately, I'd be a fool not to listen to ladies like Mrs. Jane Hollowood, Beneth Jones, the late Mrs. Thelma Cedarholm, et al on doctrinal matters. But privately is different from a public meeting called specificly to listen to Mrs. Ludwig-Ripplinger.
    You probably consider me being particular about Bibliology. However, back in '81 the Bibliology section of my ordination statement of faith was the one I had to take the most care in crafting.

20. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! God is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.