1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

G@y and Lesbi@n Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Original, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Original

Original New Member

Gay and Lesbian Bible

It looks like they came up with their own Bible translation.

I wonder if it is true to the original Greek and Hebrew?

It seems like everyone has their own Bible translation nowadays.

http://gayandlesbianbible.com/

They say it's " It’s the accessible truth, a rare thing in today’s world. "

I agree that truth is " a rare thing in today’s world, " but I doubt they have the truth.

Original

2. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

SInce its just a New Testament, there is virtually no Hebrew involved. The Gay and Lesbian Study Bible is translated from Greek by Dr. Ann Nyland. She is an Australian, and classical Greek scholar. She has already translated the NT once; I have a copy of her The Source (2005) and this is just a repackaging ('study' edition) of that work with different or added notes.

#2 franklinmonroe, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This looks like it is just The Source with her new study notes.

From link above

4. Original

Original New Member

Well sorry I did not look all the gay Bible info that well, maybe the gay folks do not like the OT, maybe they are still working on translating the O.T. I will not buy the Gay Bible, I just thought it was interesting that they are making their own Bible.

Original

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I am guessing that the study notes give a different twist on certain portions of the NT such as certain verses following Rom 1.18.

They already have done this with the OT, so maybe a Bible with OT study notes for them is forthcoming.

6. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

Greek language

Hi everyone!
    I have read some of the website promoting the book in topic and I found this interesting on the "About Us" page. It reads: "There was no real advance until the early 1900s, but the significant advances in Greek word meaning came after 1976." (gayandlesbianbible.com) Does this mean Greek words had no meaning until 1976? :laugh:

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

When is the trans-gender Bible going to come out? What about the polygamist's Bible? Let's twist the scripture and add some note embellishing the Word to make it say what we want. Oh yeah, what about the pedophiles' Bible. The NAMBLA would love that one.

8. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

Justifying sin

The title says it all. If it were truly a scholarly theological contribution, the folks behind this would not be trying to justify unrepentant sin for an exclusive group. The fact that it is called the G & L bible solidifies its place as a deceptive and manipulative distortion of biblical truths.

9. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

I checked my copy of The Source against the Book of Jude sample of G&L and the text is the same but the notes are completely different.

10. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

THis is just digusting scholarship.

11. Brother Randall

Brother Randall New Member

Well said...